Are you a real cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CycleCommute.CC

29 points for me - I'm gutted!

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
5 pts moving house and using the kiddie trailer to carry the telly and computer.
5 pts - 5 to work.
2 pts bent chainring/snapped handlebar.
5 pts Rivington Road near er... Rivington is a 30mph road. I did......51mph once. :whistle:
15 pts never had a car.
5 pts 7 hour reliability ride. It rained constantly.
3 pts I had a go on a recumbent trike once.
6 pts I've lost a few bikes to theft.

49 pts total.
I'm a Real Good cyclist apparently :smile:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Hmmm. I've moved everything I've owned on a bike before now. I've also severely compromised the handling / structural integrity of a bike by carrying 6 crates of beer and a half-case of Cotes du Rhone. I've ridden recumbents, trikes and a few penny farthings.
But I'm too real a cyclist to score the quiz :cheers:

68 or 73, depending upon whether being in the last group on a sportive counts as "Back-marked in a race". Scored 0 for the question about failing to repair but I reckon that a double puncture in the middle of nowhere with only one spare tube and having to ride 11 miles on the rear rim should count for something...

Slioch

Guru
Total = 26. This quiz is totally wrong and biased imho.

• Does it include giving your mate a "backie", plus two kit bags back from the cricket club at 2am when you're both totally pished on a school night? - No!
  • Does it include being pulled pulled over by an under-informed copper for riding on the road when there was an "advisory" cycle path covered in broken glass and other assorted debris available alongside? - No!
  • Does it include using a manky looking Carradice saddlebag when there are more modern twattish "frame bags" available at vast expense? - No!
  • Does it include wearing cycling kit that does not coordinate - I.e. red socks with a blue top? - No!

I rest my case.

;)

classic33

Leg End Member
Shifted a huge load
11pts Taken a three piece suite, in one load, to the tip/recycling centre three miles away. Various fridge-freezers to the same place. Can I claim for each?
Biked to work frozen
10pts biked in -15C
Biked Across Britain
7pts Questionable, having set off from the halfway mark, then done the return ride that afternoon. All sponsor money collected.
Failed a repair
6pts - Frame failed, taped in place, but pushed uphill and freewheeled when possible.
Busted the speed limit
5 pts - Triggered two 50mph speeding cameras on the same hill, same day. On a recumbent.
Been carless
15 pts Never had a car.
Dripped all day
5pts Cycled to and from work, then outside in the rain at work.
Been thrown off bus / train
7pts Not allowed to travel, despite having booked it on & checked that I would be allowed to take it on at Manchester Picadilly. Guard refused to set off with me on.
Ridden a recumbent
3pts Explains the heavy load. The Prone I managed to get going where it wanted to go.
Had a bike nicked
5pts Two Pashleys nicked, one tracked as it moved around.
Been on a demo
5pts World Naked Bike Ride, for a bit of fun.
Total 73

Added in edit
Biked to work frozen

Last edited:
Top Bottom