are you a real cyclist?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
The ford one really made me laugh.

Sam Kennedy

10! :eek:
Shifted a huge load?
No, but I cycled about 1-2 miles with a pack of chips under 1 arm, then fell off my bike going 20mph down hill :thumbsup:

Biked across Britain?
No, but planning on doing coast to coast some time in july/august.

Biked to work frozen?
Today, and tomorrow, and probably a lot during January, coldest its been is probably -1, not sure since I haven't checked.

Failed a repair
Yeah a puncture, ran out of tubes and patches, 45 minute walk home.

Unsuccessfully negotiated a ford
Nope, but did nearly come off a couple of years ago on a crappy MTB and 6 inches of ice.

Been carless
Well I'm not old enough to drive, but my dad has a car, so no.

Dripped all day
Nope

Been thrown off a bus or train
Nope

Ridden a recumbent
No, but really want to give it a go

Had a bike nicked
2 or 3 BSO's, wanted to set up razor wire and fireworks but didn't have either.

Been on a Critical Mass
Nope

Recognised someone by their bike
Nope

classic33

Leg End Member
70, but the temperature doesn't include windchill measured when you are stationary..

Got to work, temperature was minus 15.

Happiness Stan

Interestingly it doesn't actually ask you how much actual riding you do on a regular basis but does ask if you own a recumbent or cycled LEJog.

Skewed towards the bearded, cordroy wearing types methinks or the 'lifestyle' riders who go on Critical Mass, tow a trailer and are thinking of building a fixie.

In my book you are a proper cyclist if you own cycling-specific shoes and own a track pump.

13. Underachiever and proud of it.

GrasB

Veteran
31 but few notes...

* I've made a rideable wheel from a 24spoke wheel with 3 broken spokes with improvised tools... surely that kinda mechanical understanding should give me bonus points?
* Fords, what's the problem? straight line at reasonable speed & FFS DO NOT try to steer/brake
* If driving is a recreation & I don't use a car on a daily basis for living my life but I do to practice my skills does that make me carless?
* I've been soaked for several hours however I wear appropriate clothing thanks so nice n' warm!

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
User3143 said:
75, my best answer was to question 4. Once cycled 16 miles to work, then done a shift driving. Cycling home at 0200hrs and the freewheel fails, the pedals go round but there is no drive. Try and fix the problem but to no avail - que me 'scooting' the remaining ~11 miles home, took me an hour and a half.

that's depressing, 8mph isn't that bad on a functioning bike

Top Bottom