1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you doing your bit for E-day

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by HJ, 27 Feb 2008.

1. HJ

HJ Cycling in Scotland

So how many here are doing their bit for E-day? Energy Saving Day (E-Day) will be happening between 6pm on Wednesday 27 February 2008 and 6pm on Thursday 28 February. So are you doing your bit?

2. trustysteed

trustysteed Guest

i'm on the internet, watching telly and x-boxing it, so, err, i guess not....

3. Aint Skeered

Aint Skeered New Member

I am just about to smash up a fridge:evil:

4. longers

longers Veteran

Thanks for the heads up HJ. I'm going to turn all the lights on, they're energy saving bulbs so that's a good thing no?

5. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Everyday use low energy bulbs, recycle lots, turn unused lights off oh and cycle to work as well.

6. Jaded

Jaded New Member

Never heard of it!

I must get the internet and a daily national newspaper delivered...

7. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

Never heard of it, but I'm like mondobongo ere..... so stuff off.....

8. Well publicised wasn't it ? :thumbsup: If I'm reading the site right the nation is actually using more energy.

9. cannondale boy

cannondale boy Über Member

Central heating on full blast...girlfriend watching tv, computer on, internet on, washing machine on. Just going to make a cup of T.

So i guess i won't be energy efficient then?

10. I shall be cycling to work for the 3rd time this week:smile:. Unfortunately my work involves working in an industry which exploits the earth's non-renewable natural resources so that is hardly energy saving:ohmy:

11. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Didn't know anything about it. Business as usual here I'm sorry to say.

12. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Yeah go on then, stick me down for 11pm tonight. Do I just turn everything off then?

13. simonali

simonali Über Member

I'm on t'internet, but I've been here since it was light and now the house is all dark where I've not switched any lights on yet!

14. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

Go on...put another 50p in the meter you stingy git and live a little! :thumbsup:

15. Dave5N

Dave5N Über Member

I'm personally trying to use as little energy as possible.