Are you doing your bit for E-day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simonali

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Go on...put another 50p in the meter you stingy git and live a little! :thumbsup:

I have risen to get a glass of vino blanco from the fridge...o!

I think it's coz the missus has all the lights on when she's here, so I just like it the other way round?

simonali

Guru
Fab Foodie said:
Drink Red Wine...lower Carbon footprint!

Might do that as the white is all gone, but I'd have to turn the light on to see what reds I have in stock!

Should I even be mixing them? There's another white in the fridge!

col

Legendary Member
Keith Oates said:
I try to save energy on most days so that my electric/gas bills are less!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats exactly why i try and save energy,afraid its nowt to do with saving the planet,its not something thats in the forefront of my mind normally.

bonj2

Yesterday I:
* installed one of the energy saving lightbulbs i got free with the sun
* reused a carrier bag

and, I have cycled twice this week, yesterday and today, and hopefully planning to again on fri.

so yes.

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Well with E-day now at an end the UK used 610 MWh more energy that on a normal day, not what you could call a success then...

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
I got this all wrong. I went to Tescburyways and bought food with loads of e numbers in it.
On the plus side, I am sweating like a pig so don't need the heating on and I'm glowing in the dark thus saving lightbulb usage.
When the glowing wears off and I'm forced to put a light on I plan to go out for a 50mile drive in the car to save on the electricity.

on the road

Über Member
Hairy Jock said:
So how many here are doing their bit for E-day? Energy Saving Day (E-Day) will be happening between 6pm on Wednesday 27 February 2008 and 6pm on Thursday 28 February. So are you doing your bit?
I missed it :biggrin:

I left the lights on as usual, left the TV on standby as usual, left everything on as usual :smile:

Top Bottom