Are you fit ?

Are you physically fit ?

• NO

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • YES

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
I voted yes, but could have voted no if comparing to me two months ago.
I was a supercharged piece of kit then.
Now average. :ohmy:

Melvil

I would say no, because I know I could be so much fitter than I am, but I'm lazy and haven't got off my arse that much this year. Last year I was on the bike a lot and therefore was pretty fit, I weighed about 70kg (I'm pretty much 6') and did a lot of long rides as well as hill walking but this year I haven't been out on the bike as much (though I do enjoy it a lot when I do) and the little swimming/walking/climbing I fit in is not much compensation!!

Having said that, though, on the flipside of this, I can 'push myself' to a greater degree than most of my friends, I seem to be able to block out the pain and carry on. I don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, really, as it does mean I get more injuries, feel horrible afterwards, etc.

Oh, physically fit! I thought you meant sexually!! :biggrin:

I'm probably fitter now than I was in my mid 20s-mid 30s. I worked a lot as a hod-carrier, played a lot of rugby and cricket, drank (not too much, possibly a bit sometimes) too regularly, and ate like a demon. Then I was about 108 kgs, fit, perhaps, but not healthy, or the other way around! :ohmy:
Now, my physical efforts are restricted to cycling and golf (if that counts), plus walking, and skiing occasionally. I'm much more disciplined with what I eat, drink lots of water, get plenty of fresh air, don't (never have) suffer with stress, and weigh 92 kg. And I'm 47.

gavintc

Guru
I have maintained a good standard of fitness through my life, but I regard fitness as one of those elusive goals. There is always a level higher that I know I could get to if I trained more, harder and with consistency. So, I am a lot fitter than most, but I do not regard myself as fit.

barq

I voted yes, with a few reservations. Ideally I would loose a little bit more weight but unfortunately my twin vices of cheese and red wine conspire against me.

got-to-get-fit

im fitter now than i have been in my whole life, and im coming up for 36.

Ive never really been overweight or underfit but the last year has seen me in the gym on days off from work and cycling 24 mile a day on my commute when i am actually in work.

So im voting 'yes'

However i could always be a little fitter;)

Top Bottom