Are you loyal to a particular cycle brand?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

Smokin Joe said:
Campagnolo, of course.

Which of course is covered by Spec level,appearance and quality! :eek:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Sore Thumb said:
So do you get your bike, equipment and clothing from the same company? I know someone has because ive seen you when I've been out riding. :eek:

Nope, I just go with what ever feels best, Specialized shoes for example have a wider fit them most of the others I have tried. so I would buy Shimano, even though I liked the look of them, because I can't get a good fit.

slow down

Campag for parts, Assos for clothing, Michelin for tyres. Never really seen it as brand loyalty before - it's just that I find I prefer campag hoods and reliability, Assos clothing has been faultless, and tried Vittoria, Coni etc for tyres and just didn't find them as good.
Having spent time finding stuff I like, I find it hard to justify trying other stuff out.

Whippet

Specialized Rockhopper, I've owned four of these in the past and certainly thinking of getting another for next summer, especially the disc pro! Good solid mid-range bikes, can't go wrong with Spesh..

I tend to stick to what gets good reviews and fits the use I'm going to put it to.

Clothes - Endura for shorts, Groundeffect for tops.

Crank Bros for pedals.

Shimano/Sram for gear systems (none of that Italian rubbish, thangkewverymuch :blush:)

And of course the one thing I would never, ever, consider changing. Brooks saddles. :eek::thumbsup:

Jack

I've had a good experience with Trek for my road bikes.. Will probably end up using them again unless there's a bargain to be had.

jashburnham

Bikes: I have a Specialized Allez, a Focus Variado and a Wilier Mortirolo. Like 'em all but the Wilier is fantastic and I'd buy one again (love a Cento, but wouldn't say no to a Tarmac SL either). The Focus is the best VFM I've ever come accross and I'd recommend them to anyone on sub £1000 budget.

Clothing: Castelli, Castelli, Castelli - I'm a fairly recent convert and I love their stuff, pricey but worth it... I've always found Spesh shorts to be very good as well. Bell for helmets.

Shoes: Spesh - own 2 pairs and would buy again, they suit my big, wide feet perfectly.

Pedals: Speedplay - converted last December and would never go back.

Gruppo: I've got Ultegra and Centuar and they're both great, not sure which I prefer yet but asthetically the Centaur is miles better with its lovely carbon touches.

Wheels: Fulcrum all the way - have 7's, 1's and 0's and they're all great. Would love some Zip 343's though - anyone got any Zipp experience?

Tires: The new "Black Chili" Conti GPS'.

Saddles: Specialized Toupe - silly name, great saddle and no more numb nuts.

Oh and another vote for Oakley glasses - they've always done the business for me on the bike and on the piste and seem to be practically unbreakable.

Edit: I must admit to owning Wilier shorst, bibs and gloves and occasionally wear the full shebang when out on the Wilier - better than wearing team kit though I reckon!

Mortiroloboy

jashburnham said:
Bikes: I have a Specialized Allez, a Focus Variado and a Wilier Mortirolo. Like 'em all but the Wilier is fantastic and I'd buy one again (love a Cento, but wouldn't say no to a Tarmac SL either). The Focus is the best VFM I've ever come accross and I'd recommend them to anyone on sub £1000 budget.

Clothing: Castelli, Castelli, Castelli - I'm a fairly recent convert and I love their stuff, pricey but worth it... I've always found Spesh shorts to be very good as well. Bell for helmets.

Shoes: Spesh - own 2 pairs and would buy again, they suit my big, wide feet perfectly.

Pedals: Speedplay - converted last December and would never go back.

Gruppo: I've got Ultegra and Centuar and they're both great, not sure which I prefer yet but asthetically the Centaur is miles better with its lovely carbon touches.

Wheels: Fulcrum all the way - have 7's, 1's and 0's and they're all great. Would love some Zip 343's though - anyone got any Zipp experience?

Tires: The new "Black Chili" Conti GPS'.

Saddles: Specialized Toupe - silly name, great saddle and no more numb nuts.

Oh and another vote for Oakley glasses - they've always done the business for me on the bike and on the piste and seem to be practically unbreakable.

Edit: I must admit to owning Wilier shorst, bibs and gloves and occasionally wear the full shebang when out on the Wilier - better than wearing team kit though I reckon!

I have ordered a jersey and Bibs from AW Cycles, they cut me a deal after a misunderstanding about freebies that another retailer was offering, then pulled the plug at the last minute :blush: . But credit where it's due they came good and are supplying me with the stuff gratis :laugh: So here's a plug for them AW Cycles Caversham Reading, Rikki, Geoff and Dennis in the Road dept.

So Jash, what is the kit like? I have ordered the Red racing Jersey and Black racing bibs (er, I don't race BTW), but that's just what they're called, they look preeettty cool though!
Can't wait for them to arrive special order from Italy, apparently they don't stock them at the distributor, so should be fairly exclusive, when I do get out all Wilier'd up :eek:

jashburnham

Pretty good quality - but I ordered mine from Comobike in Italy and got it quickly and cheaply. Also use Como for my castelli kit as they have the "Free" bibs for about £40 cheaper than the UK!

Peyote

Not really deliberately loyal, but I've a soft spot for Specialized bikes (I've got an Allez and a Rockhopper) and I like their gloves. I've got a couple of pairs of Shimano shoes, but most of my clothing is Endura and Fox Racing, as well as the ubiquitous Aldi and Lidl special offers!

I quite like Karrimor backpacks and tend to use them with Camelbak bladders.

Basically good quality cheap kit! Bit like me...

Tetedelacourse

Peyote said:
Not really deliberately loyal, but I've a soft spot for Specialized bikes (I've got an Allez and a Rockhopper) and I like their gloves. I've got a couple of pairs of Shimano shoes, but most of my clothing is Endura and Fox Racing, as well as the ubiquitous Aldi and Lidl special offers!

I quite like Karrimor backpacks and tend to use them with Camelbak bladders.

Basically good quality cheap kit! Bit like me...

Specialized for me in every department. Biased? Moi?

Cranky

Marin. Rarely mentioned on these forums, not sure why. Have one of their MTBs (used mainly for mixed on/off road light touring) and another older one as a local 'bash bike'.

Love their ALP road bike design and would buy one if they made a large enough frame.

Oh, and Shimano generally but definately SRAM cassettes!

Top Bottom