Are you male or female on here?

are you

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
addictfreak said:
they could always post a 'lovely guys thread' [...] The only way to change something is often from within.

How liberating. Thanks.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Wheeledweenie said:
I've just fnaared so loudly in office everyone's looking!

:smile: By the way, I second your endorsement of the FNRttC as an entirely friendly and welcoming event for women, and would urge your other female friends to give it a go. I can see why they're put off this place sometimes, though.

Wheeledweenie

Über Member
theclaud said:
:smile: By the way, I second your endorsement of the FNRttC as an entirely friendly and welcoming event for women, and would urge your other female friends to give it a go. I can see why they're put off this place sometimes, though.

I'm a member of the Sustrans women's panel and have recommended it on there too. I believe we have a high number of women on the next ride.

It frustrates me when my female friends won't give things a go because there aren't enough other women. Get a grip :blush:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I was speaking to a lady friend who frequents YACF and not here, for a similar reason. In her own words.. "CC is too full of testosterone"

Wheeledweenie said:
I'm not. None of my female cyclist friends will go on here. Too male-centric apparently, things like the Lovely Ladies thread for example. I don't care, but many ladies do.

ChrisKH

Guru
Male, obviously. But I iron, make the tea and wash up. Under the thumb? You bet. ;)

I tend to think most people on here are male unless I know otherwise (just realised this after seeing this thread) - or their username is clearly female.

For a while I thought Chuffy was female, I think it was cos he posted on the ladies' thread of a while back. I also must say I thought Sweetpea was female (between the name and the cute froggy).

Tharg thought I was a boy until he looked at something I'd posted on one of the clothing forums....

So maybe it's not actually as male-centric as it seems at first glance?

ChrisKH

Guru
Unless I know someone is male or female, I just assume they are someone! There are an awful lot of assumptions made (like you read this site seven days a week, 24 hours a day, as if) and that you should know someone is a certain gender from the posts they have made. I have had my hand slapped for this, which is silly really.

Top Bottom