Are you officially posh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
One only managed to score quinque.

What a load of old bolleaux
You mean Bordeaux.

I had to draw a measured survey of Ackworth School in the late 70s during term time-- the children were fine but what a set of prima donnas the teachers were!
Some were, up to her leaving in 2017
A couple l knew out of school, for other reasons
One was in same running club as me, but a LOT faster!!
He was the PT department head

Another PT tutor was a very good triathlete, & a sponsored rider
She rode in one of the smaller teams in the Tour de Yorkshire a couple of times!!
(& went out/still going out?, with the son of a 90’s British pro rider)

I also know one of the caretakers quite well

lazybloke

Considering a new username
There's a big difference between being 'posh' and just speaking English properly :whistle:

I'm going to hazard a guess that the hack who put the rubbish together is not 'posh' (either by her or any other definition), nor the survey designers (one of whom is a Spurs fan, another QPR, another Liverpool and other Sheffield Wednesday...posh people engage with cricket, rugger (union) or polo or other equestrian pursuits not association football surely :whistle:)...oh and one has a Cavapoo so a mongrel, not purebred Corgi or other pedigree pooch
Quite a cross-section of society play polo, apparently.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
For balance, here's another quiz: How chav are you?

Your quiz results

You are 7% CHAV

7%
Om my god! you are the anti chav! you were bullied at school, must wear glasses, and have achieved geek like success and status

Not a bad score i'd say.:okay:

The 7 percent must be for this answer. I had one 30 years ago and if those cars were still around i'd still buy the Fiesta. How old is this quiz by the way?:rolleyes:

1. What car would you most likely buy?
    • Mondeo
    • Fiesta XR2i
    • Saxo
    • Volvo estate
    • Corsa
    • Anything

Last edited:
Probably should not say this

but I went to a fee paying school
one of my year did really well in the Navy
another ( bar steward) is head of Ice cream )hence free ice cream!!!!)at a major manufacturer - he knows who he is if he read this!!!!!

anyway

after 20 years in IT I became a teacher
and started teaching at a small school in North Wales
which had previously been an fee paying school - like the one I went to

The kids were OK - mostly - sometimes a bit entitled by not too much (except one )

but some of the teacher were Sooooooo Country Set / Upper Middle Country Class!!!!!!!!

A friendly teacher told me that certain opinions were never going to acceptable in the staff room

I was probably brought up more 'posh' than most of them - but my opinions were Waaaayyyyy to far left!

strange than I was brought up more 'posh'
but was brought to judge people based on what they said and did and how it affects others
but was judged as less posh by people who were less posh by any numeric value system

Top Bottom