Are you officially posh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Well; one is shocked to find that one may be considered "posh" just because one spent 5 years in boarding school, where one dined along with Smithers, Atkinson, Urquhart, Johnners, et al... Nil desperandum.
Actually, I was only there due to circumstances. Mother and Father Mama and Papa lived abroad for 10 years, and it was a supposed perk of my da's job to pack us off to some God forsaken school in Dumfriesshire. Holidays were good though!
The only latin I know is "No permitae illegitimae te carborundum" or something similar. Oh, and Nil Desperandum was the motto on the school crest.
The only remaining signs of poshness in my life are 2 of my bikes wearing Brooks saddles. Why is that not on the DM list?

Other than that, happy to say I score quite low on the posh scale. I worked as an HGV driver for 10 years which kinda knocks any poshness out of you.

pawl

Legendary Member
Don’t think I’m posh I have three bikes none of none have D12 or disk brakes only one is carbon.Only one cost a a one pound over a thousand However I do have four letters after my name PRAT:hyper::hyper:😄

But to make it properly posh, needs to be one of these with this bottle carrier

Brandane

Legendary Member
But to make it properly posh, needs to be one of these with this bottle carrier
Looks like a Carradice saddle bag too. I forgot, I have one of them as well, so surely a few more points on the scale of poshness?
That bottle carrier is good, but surely the real test is the contents of the bottle? Buckfast would just destroy the whole image!
Nice bike in general, but I wouldn't like to have to brake in a hurry with those levers pointing at the ground.

Looks like a Carradice saddle bag too. I forgot, I have one of them as well, so surely a few more points on the scale of poshness?
That bottle carrier is good, but surely the real test is the contents of the bottle? Buckfast would just destroy the whole image!
Nice bike in general, but I wouldn't like to have to brake in a hurry with those levers pointing at the ground.
Closer inspection of the original pic reveals it is a Primitivo from Puglia, possibly via Tesco (which could lose points). Considering we were in Belgium at the time, maybe it ought to be a large beer bottle

Guilty of Six of these:

24. The Loo. Hey brought up in Coventry in the 60/70's, nothing to do with posh.
28. Shelves of Books. Mostly cycling of course, but massively outnumbered by my Wife's cookery books (she is a chef).
29. Eat partridge. See 28 above re wife is a chef.
33. Cricket. Eldest stepson is a First Class professional cricketer. No choice.
35. Rugby not wendyball. Nuff said.
36. Napkins not serviettes. See 28 above again.

So, basically, as I'm married to an amazing chef, who's eldest son is a cricketer, and I love to read about anything cycling related (normally on the "loo"), and went to a Coventry comprehensive that produced two of the England Rugby Union World Cup winning team, my 1970's Cov Comprehensive upbringing is tinged with a smidgeon of faux posh!

Kajjal

Guru
Jeeves can you reply to the lower classes on here for me I find them most tepid at best and am popping down mummys wine cellar in my Land Rover to nail up the family coat of arms next to the picture of my boarding school and grand daddy. After which I need my tweed shooting clothes, boots, shotgun and the hounds ready.

Top Bottom