Are you officially posh?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I own a QUAD pre/power ergo I am posh

Seriously though I'm friends with the guy that owns this

https://parkfarmhouse.co.uk/

He's even got a Deer Herd.

classic33

Leg End Member
However, one NEVER carries it!
Very few places actually taking cash at present.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
How posh though? What are you driving with them and how much per metre was your speaker cable?
😉🤣
I've got a pair of Bowers & Wilkins 602 S3 stood on £200 Atacama stands (made just down the road in Croft) and use normal QED 79 strand speaker cables (four wires to each speaker though as it is a 'bi-amped' set up)
They were originally 5 metres long but every couple of years I cut the ends off and bare another half inch or so to make fresh connections of un-oxidised copper.

The Turntable is quite posh too though, it's a highly modified Thorens with a 'Thorens' badged Rega RB250 fitted using a 'Stilton Audio' modified Nagaoka MP 11 Boron cartridge, it'd give most LP12's a run for their money.:becool:

The whole money thing is a red herring I think. Sure, there are quite a few well-known exceptions (that's why they're well known) but most properly posh people aren't actually very wealthy in terms of disposable income, and most income-wealthy people aren't actually properly posh - they would just like to think they are.

The whole money thing is a red herring I think. Sure, there are quite a few well-known exceptions (that's why they're well known) but most properly posh people aren't actually very wealthy in terms of disposable income, and most income-wealthy people aren't actually properly posh - they would just like to think they are.

My word is this some sort of fifth columnist?. I'll instruct my butler to tell the gamekeepter to release the hounds...

If you were properly posh, you would have referred to them as "nouveau riche" :laugh:

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
If you were properly posh, you would have referred to them as "nouveau riche" :laugh:
Friend of mine knew one of them - trader in the City I think he was. He had beautifully hand-embroided cushions on his plush sofa bearing the legend: "Better nouveau riche than nouveau poor"

Top Bottom