1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Argh! Thanks Joe!

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Chuffy, 21 Aug 2007.

1. Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

I just had to get my wife to look for me. I was too scared.....:blush::eek:
    Do you know anyone with an elephant gun?

2. Joe

Joe Über Member

I wish! It's now under (I hope!) a 5 litre tin of pain courtesy of my much braver younger brother. Getting rid of the body can wait until we have spider loving guests!

3. OP
    OP
    Chuffy

Chuffy Veteran

There's no point inviting me for tea then.....:blush:

4. You bunch of big jessies!!

It's only a spider FFS!!!!

You'd think it was an escapee from Jurrassic Park.

5. Joe

Joe Über Member

Cookiemonster can come to tea! Bring cookies;)

6. Intelligenthamster

Intelligenthamster Über Member

I'm popular with mosquitoes, I counted 10 of the bug**rs trapped in the sp**er web in my hotel room in Berlin last week.

My BF HATES spiders big time but I like 'em for the above reason! So I chase them into hiding of he is around and if they have to go because he's seen them I carry out live evictions.

However, I do sympathise with the arachnophobes.

7. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

Mosquitoes or spiders are not on my list of pets to have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. asterix

asterix Comrade Member

Someone I know was terrified of spiders. He cured the phobia by eating one.

9. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

We had a mouse infestation once...it's not good for the nerves to reach for the bread bin and have a psycho furry thing leap out and scuttle across the kitchen surfaces!

Spiders are a caribbean holiday in comparison!

10. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

we once had a cat bring a live rat in, which set up home behind the sink, living off cat food. problem solved by removing the cat food, starving the cats for a day and locking them in the kitchen overnight.

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Apparently if a site gets environmentally totalled (wartime bombsites, poisoned etc), spiders are often the first re-colonisers, because they are happy to eat each other - then they attract the larger predators and so on, while the plant seeds blow in and the whole system gets back on track.

I used to hate them, couldn't sleep in a room if I thought there was one. While I wouldn't go out of my way to pick one up, I'm much better now...

12. Mr Phoebus

Mr Phoebus New Member

No one will ever beat Marv's screams in Home Alone when that spider is on his face. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

13. Bokonon

Bokonon Über Member