Argument with ...

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by Rachnewbie, 16 Jul 2012.

1. Rachnewbie

Rachnewbie Member

... the kerb.

Yes - that's right, the kerb. I was proudly taking my 6 year old son to the Manchester Skyride yesterday and decide to show him how to go up a kerb without dismounting. It didn't work - cue Mummy promptly going over the handlebars, landing on elbows! :wacko: All I managed to do was convince him not to attempt that move (maybe a good thing) and wear his elbow pads.

On a good note, we did continue to the train station (yes we hadn't even got to the train station at this point) and had a lovely time at the Skyride. And the incident has convinced me I am better off on roads, even with traffic. :blush:

Pat "5mph" and MrJamie like this.
  2. MrJamie

MrJamie Oaf on a Bike

Sorry but I couldnt help finding that funny :giggle: hope it didnt hurt too badly!

Rachnewbie likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Rachnewbie

Rachnewbie Member

Its okay, it is quite amusing. lol

4. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

Mummyhopping? I'd get the bunnyhopping in practice first if I were you. :smile:

Pat "5mph" and Hawk like this.
  5. Sandra6

Sandra6 Veteran

And you didn't quickly turn and say "now, that's how not to do it?!"
    I bet your son enjoys re-telling the story endlessly. My children weren't even with me when I did my spectacular over the handle bars dismount but they still tell it like they were!

6. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

i did have to chuckle slightly too... sorry.

I remember a 'big boy'* teaching me and my brother how to bump up kerbs when i was a nipper... we started on some really low 2-3" kerbs before working our way up to the standard size.

*probably about 9 yrs.

ditch them silly elbow pads though... what child doesn't graze their elbows? It's part of their job!

7. I remember showing my son how to pull a wheelie (many years ago). Promptly landed flat on my back with bike on top of me. Much to his amusement.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice