Arise, Sir Lewis of Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Wonder if it's going to affect his dress sense:
1609422249506.png

Landsurfer

Veteran
There is some 13 yer old sat hidden in the pits driving the car via XBOX .... as we saw when had the deadly virus and they got the office cleaner to sit in it .. and he had to be stopped from wining ....
:laugh:
Knighthoods for the Armed Forces, Police, Fire Service and Para Medics only .... High awards to recognise excellence ... but no Knighthoods.

Slick

Guru
He did the whole protesting thing which is fair enough but was he not at the forefront of pushing for driver and track safety as well?

Either way, the whole lot should have been automatically awarded to all those involved in coming up with the vaccine as that's the biggest achievement of the year.

Landsurfer

Veteran
He did the whole protesting thing which is fair enough but was he not at the forefront of pushing for driver and track safety as well?

Either way, the whole lot should have been automatically awarded to all those involved in coming up with the vaccine as that's the biggest achievement of the year.
Multi millionaires kneeling in support of racist marxist politics organisations ....... yea ... give him a knighthood ....

( I'm not a fan, you may have noticed, lets have knighthoods for John McGuinness and Michael Dunlop ) ...:smile:

Rocky

Hello decadence
Multi millionaires kneeling in support of racist marxist politics organisations ....... yea ... give him a knighthood ....

( I'm not a fan, you may have noticed, lets have knighthoods for John McGuinness and Michael Dunlop ) ...:smile:
I can see you are not a fan, and it is fine for you to say that, but it does get a bit boring when you go on and on and on........

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
The knighthood system is a joke in my view. Apart from driving a car, what does he do ? Cummings will be next I bet. I have no respect for most people with a knighthood and would certainly not call them sir if I met them. Unless they did something to help others or animals, they are not worthy of it.

Rocky

Hello decadence
The knighthood system is a joke in my view. Apart from driving a car, what does he do ? Cummings will be next I bet. I have no respect for most people with a knighthood and would certainly not call them sir if I met them. Unless they did something to help others or animals, they are not worthy of it.
He drives a car and has won more F1 races than anyone else in history. What about Steve Redgrave - why did he get knighted? He only rows a boat......he rowed a boat rather well and at the time was our best Olympian. Or Sir Chris Hoy? He only rides a bike - and only round and round on a track at that.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
He drives a car and has won more F1 races than anyone else in history. What about Steve Redgrave - why did he get knighted? He only rows a boat......he rowed a boat rather well and at the time was our best Olympian. Or Sir Chris Hoy? He only rides a bike - and only round and round on a track at that.
My point precisely. Are you going to give one to all athletes who are good at their sport ? Where do you draw the line?

Rocky

Hello decadence
My point precisely. Are you going to give one to all athletes who are good at their sport ? Where do you draw the line?
Good? They are the elite, they are the cream - they are literally the greatest of all time....

screenman

Legendary Member
I would guess he helps to create more jobs in the UK than the rest of us put together, I have no problem with him getting it. The fact he is wealthy is because he has worked hard and dedicated himself to being the best, many in the UK do not like to see others getting on, this was something I discovered myself back when I left my last job in about 1975.

Top Bottom