Arise, Sir Lewis of Hamilton

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Where does he earn his income?
Most of his earnings are not generated in the UK, so he doesn’t have to pay UK tax on money earned outside the UK.
It’s very simple, sadly most of us earn all our money in the UK so have to pay UK tax on it.
His UK tax bill is still astronomical.
Thats exactly what I said, BUT, he lives in a tax haven, to avoid tax in the UK, or anywhere else, and is wealthy enough to pay an accountant to come up with more creative dodges to avoid paying tax to anyone, anywhere, as I said an obnoxious greedy knobber.

DRM

Guru
But they would pay the plumber or whatever in cash to avoid vat.
I doubt it, tradesman anywhere has to cover his/her back, they may take cash, may not, but we aren't talking millions here

DRM

Guru
He's not the average UK person. That's... sort of the point?

As for the OP, I am calling...

LIES! I have no reason to believe that he's ever been to Hamilton, Motherwell, Wishaw or Lanark! FAKE NEWS
But he's tax dodging everywhere, why not live in France or Italy and pay tax to them, they are close to Monaco, no, he's just greedy, it's never enough money is it, I don't hear him helping Marcus Rashford out with his campaign to help feed poor kids, after all he'd have us all believe he knows real hunger, being from the ghetto as he alleges.

D

Deleted member 26715

I doubt it, tradesman anywhere has to cover his/her back, they may take cash, may not, but we aren't talking millions here
No but we are talking many thousands of tradespeople & thousands of customers, which adds up to millions

DRM

Guru
When you start preaching to others, while keeping a tight grip on as much money as possible, even when you have a net worth of $285 million, thats when.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You don’t need money in order to preach to others but I do see your point when it comes to his monetary affairs . He’s obviously being advised to stay In Monaco if he wants to hang on to his money rather than giving huge chunks of it to the U.K. government.
But we’re rewarding achievement here and nobody can argue that he’s a tremendous achiever and has benefited the country in other ways through jobs and investment.
How much money do you need to live and be comfortable ? He’s young and obviously enjoys all the trappings of fame and the advantages wealth can bring. I hope as he matures he may realise he’s had enough of Monaco and prefers a simpler life.

Slick

Guru
But they would pay the plumber or whatever in cash to avoid vat.
My experience is cash is no longer king even with one man band trades people. Obviously there are exceptions to every rule but it's not like the old days.

Reactions: DRM

screenman

Legendary Member
I feel he lives in Monaco for the security aspect, being able to go outside his front door whenever he wants.

Jody

Stubborn git
But the average UK person won’t move to a tax haven, they will pay into the system of their country of residence and won’t rent their own private jet to themselves as an extra tax fiddle.

The private jet was sold years ago.

He is also still in the UK's top 5000 highest tax contributors. So paying UK tax and not even living here :rolleyes:

GoldenLamprey

I knew it was only a matter of time before this subject came up here. I am of the 'honours system is pointless, but while we have it, Hamilton deserves one' crowd.

This whole tax-exile reason for hating Hamilton is curious, though. Doesn't Geraint Thomas live in Monaco too? Simon Yates in Andorra? I remember reading the Sean Connery obituary thread on here. Notoriously curmudgeonly, living as a tax exile, sticking his nose in Scottish politics while not living there, investigated for tax evasion at one point, and a Sir. Nobody mentioned that he should not have a knighthood. What is different with Hamilton?

Top Bottom