Arkel panniers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I'm listing after some Arkel GT54 panniers the ones with the zip up pole bag. There are no dealers in the UK annoyingly though.

I'm listing after some Arkel GT54 panniers the ones with the zip up pole bag. There are no dealers in the UK annoyingly though.

Can't say anything about the UK but they're not the easiest, or cheapest, to find outside of North America, I believe.

I have an Arkel handlebar bag (a gift) and rate it very highly.

I suggest you contact Arkel directly and see what they advise. They are pretty prompt and I rate their customer service highly.

If you are looking to import them then I suggest you check, double check and then check again in relation to import charges.

On a side point I met a guy who lives close to the Arkel factory in Canada. Lots of bargains to be had if you cycle past ^_^

OP
OP
Oldhippy

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
That's the thing that makes me nervous buying stuff from that part of the world. I have a friend who lives in Canada and was toying with the possibility of her buying them and posting as a 'gift'.

I understand that the internet isn't your favourite thing (except CC of course! ^_^ ) so direct contact with them will be no bad thing.
If apprehensive, no harm to have a contact look over your order before it is finalised to make sure all Is are dotted and Ts crossed. Like I said, I rate their customer service highly.

Good luck!

abcd efg

Über Member

There used to be a dealer based in the o

There was an Arkel dealer based in the Richmond Tube station. He runs a first class service especially for touring cyclists.

Thank you muchly Hobbes. I was going to investigate after dinner. Very kind.

Thank you muchly Hobbes. I was going to investigate after dinner. Very kind.

I understand that the internet isn't your favourite thing (except CC of course! ^_^ ) so direct contact with them will be no bad thing.
If apprehensive, no harm to have a contact look over your order before it is finalised to make sure all Is are dotted and Ts crossed. Like I said, I rate their customer service highly.

Good luck!

There is a first class bike shop in the Richmond Tube station.
I'm listing after some Arkel GT54 panniers the ones with the zip up pole bag. There are no dealers in the UK annoyingly

There used to be a dealer based in the o

There was an Arkel dealer based in the Richmond Tube station. He runs a first class service especially for touring cyclists.

There is a first class bike shop in the Richmond Tube station.

From the website.....
Screenshot_2023-01-09-20-21-43-213_com.android.chrome.jpg

HelenD123

Guru
I bought a pair of Dolphin panniers direct from Arkel last year and they arrived promptly and with no additional charges. Sadly I fell off my bike and broke my arm badly shortly afterwards and haven't had chance to use them yet :cry:. I emailed Arkel about stock availability and they were very helpful.

Top Bottom