arm warmers and ls base layer together?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi all,

dumb question coming!!

arm warmers, can they be worn over my helly henson base layers?

the reason i ask is, i've found that a waterproof gilet and fleece works for me but my arms get wet. doh!! you might say. well i haven't gotten cold as yet, even with late night rides in the rain. so i thought arm warmers may act in a similar way to my thermal tights. what do you think?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It's what I do until conditions get really cold, when I start wearing a long sleeved jersey over a long-sleeved base layer.

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
hi colin. will arm warmers fit over a base layer? do they come in different sizes? i have 17" arms (something from my gym days in my youth) and don't think theres enough room under my base layer.

ColinJ

shauncollier said:
hi colin. will arm warmers fit over a base layer?
That depends on the size of the arm warmers (and the arms)!

shauncollier said:
do they come in different sizes? i have 17" arms (something from my gym days in my youth) and don't think theres enough room under my base layer.
Er, yes - they do come in different sizes. If they didn't, they'd have to be extremely stretchy to fit the huge range of arm sizes out there!

Yikes, I've just measured my biceps - they are a paltry 12.5"! ;)

I have a pair of arm warmers that are so tight that I can hardly get them on when not wearing my long-sleeved base layer, and I have another pair that are loose even when I am!

OP
OP
Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
cheers. i think i'll try and get some at lbs tomorrow.

on another note, i'm going to go over widdup from colne. got physio there. so down canal to colne back the hilly way. what time does blazing saddles shut? do you think they'll have arm warmers?

ColinJ

shauncollier said:
cheers. i think i'll try and get some at lbs tomorrow.

on another note, i'm going to go over widdup from colne. got physio there. so down canal to colne back the hilly way. what time does blazing saddles shut? do you think they'll have arm warmers?
Contact details from their website:

Blazing Saddles, 35 West End, Hebden Bridge, West Yorkshire, HX7 8UQ

Phone: (01422) 844435

Email: info@blazingsaddles.co.uk

Opening Hours: Mon-Sat 10am to 5:30pm; Sun 10am to 4:00pm

I expect that they would stock arm warmers since they have a pretty good range of cycle clothing. You could always ring them to confirm that they do.

Top Bottom