Armstrong and the TdF

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Contador has shown some signs of fallibility with Brajkovic and others beating him up the hills.
Wiggins - an unknown quantity
Basso - knackered after the Giro
Evans - perpetual second placer
Menchov - heaven knows
Andy Schleck - got outclimbed and outpaced by LA et al yesterday
Frank Schleck - not strong enough overall

...opening up the possibility of Armstrong winning an eighth title?

Waddya think?

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
rich p said:
Contador has shown some signs of fallibility with Brajkovic and others beating him up the hills.
Wiggins - an unknown quantity
Basso - knackered after the Giro
Evans - perpetual second placer
Menchov - heaven knows
Andy Schleck - got outclimbed and outpaced by LA et al yesterday
Frank Schleck - not strong enough overall

...opening up the possibility of Armstrong winning an eighth title?

Waddya think?

Lets hope so eh !!!!

Contador's head seems to have gone.

Wiggins while he did great last year, I cant help thinking there are still many ??'s over him

The Schleck brothers are great but seem way outta form.

Agreed re - Evans

raindog

er.....
Stephen-D said:
But then, and forgive my ignorance and inexperiance, what has Lance Armstrong done/won this year??
He hasn't won anything, but that was always his approach in the past too, when working his way towards the Tour.

He's looking pretty good actually, but I still think Berto will take it. (or at least I bloody hope he does :thumbsup:)

PaulB

Legendary Member
My money (and hopes) are on Bradley Wiggins. Daft name like, but good rider on the verge of greatness.

montage

God Almighty
I'd still put my money on Contador.
That said, Armstrong and Contador will be watching each other so closely that this could allow a few sizeable breaks. Are they doing the stage with no radios again? If so then that is the day for wiggins to get a few minutes - unless it is a flatty.

I don't think Wiggins will be given any breathing room, whereas Andy might be allowed to go on some of the climbs as the others know they can make up time on the time trials. Infact, although saxo bank doesn't have as strong teams as radioshack, I would say Andy possibly has a slight tactical tailwind, aslong as he doesn't end up waiting for Frank

Skip Madness

Still Contador all the way for me. I didn't think he was looking fallible at all in the Dauphiné - just looking like someone who's not peaking yet, which he shouldn't be. He'll arrive at the Tour in better form and ride into better condition still during the first week for the mountain stages.

Quite frankly, no-one else is looking that impressive yet are they? Roman Kreuziger is just humming along quietly, though. The biggest threat to Bertie may come from the Liquigas trio.

Still a way to go for the Tour, but Andy Schleck isn't looking remotely decent at the moment.

Keith Oates

Janner
Contador is still the No.1 favorite IMO, I don't think Armstrong has much of a chance even for a podium and Wiggins will be an also ran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gavintc

Guru
Keith Oates said:
Contador is still the No.1 favorite IMO, I don't think Armstrong has much of a chance even for a podium and Wiggins will be an also ran!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I fear your predictions are probably accurate. I cannot see Wiggins getting a top ten finish and I think we will see Contador and the Schlek brothers in the top few. Armstrong will fight well during the first 10 days and then side backwards.

Noodley

If Armstrong makes it onto the podium I'll run naked through Paris.

Here's hoping, for the sake of all Parisiens and clean cyclists, that he bombs out....

Top Bottom