Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tigger

Über Member
Actually it's funny: he has seen USADA's evidence and I think now his line has changed to something like:
"I never took unfair advantage over my competitors"...

Yeah I noted that too... "I played by the same rules as everyone else"... sadly, and quite probably, true

Actually it's funny: he has seen USADA's evidence and I think now his line has changed to something like:
"I never took unfair advantage over my competitors"...

When was he shown the evidence? It certainly wasn't before his deadline to decide whether to contest and I'm pretty sure no-one outside USADA has seen it yet.

When was he shown the evidence? It certainly wasn't before his deadline to decide whether to contest and I'm pretty sure no-one outside USADA has seen it yet.

Apart from the French Press to whom USADA has (allegedly) leaked the information

Some of the evidence certainly isn't secret if you're a TV journalist working for Stade 2 in France. USADA giving evidence to a French TV station at the same time as sending the same evidence to UCI (apparently)?

At best sharp practise surely, at worse a flagrant attempt to bully the UCI into ratifying USADA's asinine "We've striped his titles" claim.

They are all cheats, one way or another, it seems, even the 'good' guys....

Apart from the French Press to whom USADA has (allegedly) leaked the information

If they have leaked the information to the French Press and before its been made available to the UCI, WADA etc then that is a gross breach of procedure and the Code and you have to ask who is doing it in USADA and what are their motives.

And if they are giving it to the Press at the same time as its made available to UCI then the Press haven't seen it yet because UCI have not seen it and do not expect to see it for a couple more weeks at least.

So repeating my question, who outside the USADA has actually seen the evidence?

You mean due to Britain's completely absurd libel laws that are used frequently by libel tourists trying to close down what in other parts of the world would be considered free speech?

I don't mean anything. I'm just reporting what was said in a newspaper report a few hours ago.

Dan B

Disengaged member
Which bit of "500 or whatever the number of tests was" did you not understand?
Is that a bit like "86% of head injuries or whatever the number was"?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

At best sharp practise surely, at worse a flagrant attempt to bully the UCI into ratifying USADA's asinine "We've striped his titles" claim.
May be a bit more complicated than that. If the rumours are to be believed, some of the evidence may directly point to UCI being involved in covering up positive dope tests. In those circumstances they would notionally be judge and co-defendant. It puts USADA in a dilemma. I'm sure they will follow the rules to the letter, but putting it in the public domain at the same time as UCI gets it would go some way stymying any attempt by them to suppress or distort the report.

The publication of the evidence will set in train events with consequences for Armstrong and his backers, for the UCI and their relationships with WADA and the IOC and for the wider cycling community. It's going to be messy and long. We've only got red light and cunobelin to deal with, they're going to have every cycling wide boy and their lawyers baying foul.

May be a bit more complicated than that. If the rumours are to be believed, some of the evidence may directly point to UCI being involved in covering up positive dope tests. In those circumstances they would notionally be judge and co-defendant. It puts USADA in a dilemma. I'm sure they will follow the rules to the letter, but putting it in the public domain at the same time as UCI gets it would go some way stymying any attempt by them to suppress or distort the report.

The publication of the evidence will set in train events with consequences for Armstrong and his backers, for the UCI and their relationships with WADA and the IOC and for the wider cycling community. It's going to be messy and long. We've only got red light and cunobelin to deal with, they're going to have every cycling wide boy and their lawyers baying foul.

Almost makes me smile!

The point is that every time the USADA breaks its own rules, alters it's own goal posts or resorts to leaks it loses credibility. If they played by their own rules then there would be no possibility of anyone claiming foul play - simples

Are you really happy that the USADA is acting in this way?

Are you willing to defend their actions?

As I have clearly stated before, no-one comes out of this well, Armstrong, the UCI, USADA or any of the professional cyclists in the Peloton at he time.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
It puts USADA in a dilemma. I'm sure they will follow the rules to the letter, but putting it in the public domain at the same time as UCI gets it would go some way stymying any attempt by them to suppress or distort the report..
Glaring contradiction unless their 'rules' are so poorly drafted as to allow such grandstanding.

USADA indulging in Armstongism; behaving as badly as the cheats.

screenman

Legendary Member
Tigger, you read on the other posts as a a Conti fan, after your slating of Armstrong for being a cheat it reads a bit hypocritical.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom