Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let's wait and see, eh? The leak reported in the Dutch press about former teammates testifying remains nothing more than a rumour at the moment. We don't know if there's any truth in this latest story, nor what its source might be. It's certainly not an official announcement by USADA.

And UCI have just said that there is no adverse Swiss finding that was suppressed.

"The UCI has nothing to fear in relation to samples going under the counter because it's never happened. A lot of what I've heard over the years are statements coming from Landis and Hamilton which are hearsay about statements made out on the bike in training. That's all it is. The facts that show that that evidence is not there"
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/...not-afraid-to-sanction-lance-armstrong-35130/

OP
OP
Y

yello

Well if its not secret then you can tell us who the testimony is by, what it contains and what the tests indicative of doping are. Or even provide us with a link to the evidence files published by USADA.

You're good at twisting words to a meaning that suits you, I'll give you that. And trying to divert attention from the salient issue too.

Do you honestly expect us to believe that you used the expression 'held secret' with absolutely no intention to create the implication that USADA are acting in a clandestine manner? Or acting in a manner other than to agreed and set-out procedures?

The point is that the people who need to will see the evidence in due time. Not when I want, not when you want, but as regulation and process dictates. I know you don't like that, I know you choose to interpret that as poor process (and perhaps worse). I get that. I think we all get that. So can you let it go now please?

I'm trying to move this discussion on. Trying to stay with the state of play yet you, forgive me for saying, seem intent on going over the same couple of points. Ask yourself, what do you want to achieve by doing that?

I don't know whether he doped, I have little or no interest in professional cycle racing (is that what it's called?), I have no interest in finding the truth, but I'm fascinated to a morbid degree in nit-picking the legal minutiae and semantics of the case because I have an inflated sense of self-worth and believe that what I think, actually has an influence on the way the UCI and USADA act.

Thank you for clarifying your position.......

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Well if its not secret then you can tell us who the testimony is by, what it contains and what the tests indicative of doping are. Or even provide us with a link to the evidence files published by USADA.
'Held secret' and 'kept private' are to different things though surely?

It has been well demonstrated that a thread cannot make more than 110 pages without some sort of thread-enhancing supplement.

These supplements are forbidden under current Internet rules. Rigorous testing will be carried out.

As this thread has now reached 110 pages, any poster should be aware that the authorities will be keeping a very close eye on developments.

Please bear in mind that if you do post further thoughts, you may trigger legal cases up to ten years from today and if supplements or stimulants are found or suspected to have been used, you can be stripped of any 'likes' obtained in all associated threads during the period in queston.

I know that sounds harsh, but we need to clear out the cheats and dopers and people who use banned substances in their posts.

Your compliance will be appreciated. Please stop posting on this thread at once and do not return.

smutchin

Cat 6 Racer
Your compliance will be appreciated.

Sure. Would you like me to piss in a bottle and send it to you for testing?

d.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Your normal high standard of contribution to the debate.
Given that your response to my reasoned post, explaining my position in a clear manner in #2097, was to post a picture of a pram and a duck I don't feel any need to respond to that any further.
I do wonder if you're not getting this all slightly out of perspective and it might be a good thing if you step back a little. Just a thought.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Are we going to stay on track and be 'nice' to each other in the process? Or do we want this thread locked? :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom