Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Y

yello

Bruyneel is the "stalking horse", his case will be heard first,

I've not read that any date has been given for Bruyneel's hearing as yet. I suspect it will be after August 10th so (under the scenario I gave above, i.e. Armstrong not contesting) Bruyneel's hearing would actually be after Armstrong is sanctioned.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Have we already discussed the 'take the rap then spend years bitching about witchhunts and haters?' option?

I suspect that should Armstrong be sanctioned by USADA he'll be far too busy defending law suits and the like to issue PR statements about haterz etc!

I've not read that any date has been given for Bruyneel's hearing as yet. I suspect it will be after August 10th so (under the scenario I gave above, i.e. Armstrong not contesting) Bruyneel's hearing would actually be after Armstrong is sanctioned.
Would make more sense too. There must be a lot of evidence in common and you don't want to waste star witnesses and headline evidence on the small fish first. Actually, thinking about it, how do they deal with that? Also, when does Celaya go to court?

Alun

Guru
You don't think Armstrong will contest this? I think he'll take it to the wire!
Why do you think he won't contest it, if being sanctioned means he'll be so busy defending lawsuits he won't even have the time to issue PR statements?

I suspect that should Armstrong be sanctioned by USADA he'll be far too busy defending law suits and the like to issue PR statements about haterz etc!
He's got a big team for the law suits (hellloooooooo SCA!!!!) and I suspect that the Yellow Ribboners and celebrity chums will stand by him. I'd give £5 to a legit cancer charity if he doesn't go down the 'kangaroo court, no right to defend myself, unconstitutional' line of defence. If he chooses not to defend ('unfair trial, biased jury' etc) that will be considered the smallest of small print and he's a brazen enough liar that he might just get away with it.

You don't think Armstrong will contest this? I think he'll take it to the wire!
Why do you think he won't contest it, if being sanctioned means he'll be so busy defending lawsuits he won't even have the time to issue PR statements?
If he doesn't contest then the evidence doesn't get heard and I doubt Mr A wants his filthy laundry aired in public. Of course this does rather depend on Bruyneel and Celaya opting for the same and I think Celaya has decided to fight.

Yello is yer man for the detail and process though.

What is the history for the other drug cheats getting hammered with lawsuits?
Who? What other lawsuits?

LA won a case against SCA who wanted to withhold a $5m bonus payment after they got wind that he was a lying, cheating sack of shoot there were serious allegations against him. The case was settled out of court with LA getting the $5m plus fees. If it's proven that he was doped to the ears, SCA have a strong claim to get their $5m back. Other close sponsors (this is just my conjecture) like Oakley, Nike, Trek etc may also take a view that they've been conned (although really, they can't possibly be that stupid).

OP
OP
Y

yello

2 reasons why I believe Armstrong wont contest (and Chuffy's mentioned one); Armstrong wants to stop the evidence seeing the light of day, and secondly, to contest means he accepts USADA's arbitration process.

IF the court case goes ahead (that is, Sparks does not dismiss it out of hand) THEN Armstrong will fight that "to the wire" (obviously, it's his action).

I am certainly not impulsive. I do a good degree of sifting and sorting of info before I post here. Equally, whilst my position on Armstrong is obvious, I'd like to think my assessment of that info isn't driven by emotion and remains clear headed. If my posts appear one-sided then it's simply that there isn't too much in the way of good news for team Armstrong.

One thing I am going to remain resolute in is not getting drawn into petty forum squabbles. Neither will I get personal. What people choose to believe is down to them and you'll receive no barbed or sarcastic remarks from me about it. After all, none of us knows 'the truth' and until such a time, all of our opinions are as valid as each others (though with varying degrees of probability!) So it follows that I don't believe that I am 'right'. If I don't understand someone's position then I will ask because, believe it or not, I'm interested in the subject and want to know where I've missed, or not considered, something.

Finally, more than anything in this discussion, I want to see people contribute from a knowledgeable background and/or with a considered perspective. It doesn't matter if I disagree with the view (as I said, I don't take it personally) - I've read enough on the subject now for the emotions not to kick in.

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
There is a lot of irrational HATE here for my boy lance Armstrong

I have to ask, did you guys hate so much on a jucied up David millar? Or is David a Saint as he's a brit and LA is a big bad yank?

OP
OP
Y

yello

There is a lot of irrational HATE here for my boy lance Armstrong

Where is the irrationality? Please, if you see a flawed argument then point it out. Let's discuss it. I'm serious, What drives me now is not hatred, I'm past that, it's a desire to know and to understand.

I have to ask, did you guys hate so much on a jucied up David millar? Or is David a Saint as he's a brit and LA is a big bad yank?

It's a different subject but there's no nationalism at play here - I'm not "a brit" either. :smile:

Alun

Guru
[/quote]
Who? What other lawsuits?
That's what I'm getting at!
Plenty of drug cheats in Procycling some famous, some not so. I can't remember hearing of any getting taken to the cleaners by sponsors etc. I wondered what precedent there was, if any?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom