Armstrong charged and banned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnr

Über Member
USADA banned him for life and stripped him of all titles according to BBC :bravo:. Bet Mr McQuaid is breathing a sigh of relief that he has just put up his hands.

raindog

er.....
Does this mean we never get to see the evidence?

OP
OP
Y

yello

I don't think this is over yet. I was hoping Armstrong might take the arbitration line but I guess that was too much to expect. The guy is just going to continue the 'deny deny deny' line. He's a fool, he's continually painting that corner smaller.

USADA could release a fact find, or statement of findings (or whatever the official term is) that discloses evidence. They'll wait until the arbitration of Bruyneel and that other bloke (was it Pepe Martin) before that though.

I suspect USADA will announce their sanction and the date for the hearing(s) pretty quickly. They'll want to make this seem like business as usual.

OP
OP
Y

yello

I think I'm giving up. 50+ pages more overnight in The Clinic to read and digest. I've got real work to do and the only way I'll have time to catch up is if it rains today!

I've not even read Armstrong's statement in full. Apparently, it threatens/mention/hints at legal action should/when USADA sanction him. That doesn't surprise me. More than anything else, Armstrong wants to stop the details of the evidence getting out.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Seaton held few punches there. I suspect a few journalists will now find themselves less afraid to write what they've 'known all along'.

Noodley

...if only they had had the courage to do this many years ago. They need to take a serious look at themselves!

Now, I wonder when the (updated) English version of LA Confidential will appear on the shelves :thumbsup:

asterix

Comrade Member
I think I'm giving up. 50+ pages more overnight in The Clinic to read and digest. I've got real work to do and the only way I'll have time to catch up is if it rains today!

I've not even read Armstrong's statement in full. Apparently, it threatens/mention/hints at legal action should/when USADA sanction him. That doesn't surprise me. More than anything else, Armstrong wants to stop the details of the evidence getting out.

They are saying that the killer blow is the prospect of his former team mates testifying against him. It is unfortunate that he has 'given up' because if his team mates want to testify under oath it would be better to give them the opportunity IMO.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Pretty much as expected. Still blustering and obfuscating and issuing litiginous threats.
Comically he still maintains that USADA don't have jurisdiction despite Sparks throwing his case out.
His statement also says," At an absolute minimum, UCI and USADA should go to CAS to resolve the jurisdiction issue before any proceedings begin, a solution offered by UCI but rejected by USADA."
USADA offered to go to CAS to have thecase heard but Lance Armstrong, the doper, offers to go to CAS to resolve jurisdiction. Yet another obfuscation and pathetic delaying tactic.

asterix

Comrade Member
Is it therefore true that since 1995 (Miguel Indurain) only in 3, recent, years have riders (Carlos Sastre, Cadel Evans and Bradley Wiggins) won the Tour clean?

OP
OP
Y

yello

I'd say 'unlikely'.

The evidence will out one way or another. We've the arbitration for both Bruyneel and Martin to come, USADA to make conclusory statements - both of those could see official channels. Then we've got Hamilton's book, probably other witnesses too may want to publish, JV will slowly dribble info out just to prolong his own torture. There'll be lawsuits against Armstrong with the court packed with journalists hanging on every word of the prosecutions case. A potentially restarted federal case the same. Then there'll be leaks of course.

We'll see the evidence one way or another.

jdtate101

Ex-Fatman
A sad day for the sport, no matter what camp you sit in.
One thing I'm quite sure of is that we've not seen the last of this circus yet, as only the UCI can strip him of his titles, and from what I've read, they don't agree with the USADA case. It will probably have to go to CAS first to see who has the overriding authority (USADA or UCI), which will probably take years to resolve!

On so it rumbles on...and on and on and on and on......(repeat until the end of time!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom