Armstrong Releases Test Results

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
John the Monkey

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
rich p said:
Is Caitlin independent? I thought LA was paying him which would be a conflict of interests. Anyone know if that's true?
Not necessarily - the teams with independent anti-doping programs are all paying for them to be carried out (iirc) they depend on the company carrying them out's attention to its own reputation and procedures, I think.

I'm not suggesting that Armstrong isn't racing clean, but (I think) Caitlin has been among the people saying that the establishment of a baseline is important - and yet (unless the tests have been done and no results released) no out of competition test results have been provided. The Road Bike Blog commented on that on 9th December (some 11 weeks after the press conference where the transparent anti-doping program was announced, as a key element of Mr. Armstrong's comeback).

montage

God Almighty
When I first got into cycling I read "Tour de force" - Biography about our friend accross the pond Lance.

A few weeks later I was rather dissappointed to see that since the 2005 tdf that book is based on, EVERY single one of the big names in that book, Ullrich, Mayo, Hamilton, Landis...etc (apart from lance ofc) tested ++ for doping.

I don't want to believe it :<

kennykool

Ha ha you see what this forum has lead me too????

Just so used to LA getting a hard time that I don't see anything written as Sarcasm!

Yello-glad you enjoy my posts!

JPembrokr...... I understand what sarcasm is but cheers fir the link.

montage said:
When I first got into cycling I read "Tour de force" - Biography about our friend accross the pond Lance.

A few weeks later I was rather dissappointed to see that since the 2005 tdf that book is based on, EVERY single one of the big names in that book, Ullrich, Mayo, Hamilton, Landis...etc (apart from lance ofc) tested ++ for doping.

I don't want to believe it :<
ditto, except I was already into cycling as a method of commuting but that was the first book I read after getting into road cycling and I remember similar feelings :girl:

kennykool said:
Cunobelin - What a completely and utterly stupid things to say!!!!!!!!

How on earth can a negative result NOT prove his innocence??? You lot want to have a good think about what you are typing in here as it makes a lot of you look foolish!!!!!!!

Search the "Armstrong threads" there have been numerous accusations of exactly this, along with the "anyone who believes Armstrong is not guilty is naive and stupid"

This was sarcastic, and well founded sarcasm.

Cunobelin said:
Of course not - you need to realise that he is guilty and that simplistic evidence such as negative tests do not prove his innocence!
First thing you've said on the subject that I agree with.

Shame you weren't serious. :girl:

Oh and this testing stuff with Catlin. Wasn't the baseline meant to have been established well before he started racing again or did I miss something? ;)
Not that it matters. He could be clean as Mother Theresa's duvet cover but that doesn't mean that he wasn't a cheating dog before.

Its like Witchcraft - you don't actually need anything complicated or verifiable such as evidence.......Just burn him!

Cunobelin said:
Its like Witchcraft - you don't actually need anything complicated or verifiable such as evidence.......Just burn him!
Now, is this serious or are you playing silly beggars again? I need to know whether it's worth agreeing with you for a second time. :girl:

Noodley

Cunobelin said:

Evidence like he failed a test? The got a TUE? From Mr 100% Prepared? I think not....

Crackle said:
Stop! All of you. The thread is beginning to melt. You must all post nice things to save it.
melting-md.jpg

:biggrin:

Noodley

mondobongo said:
So few in that era were clean it could be a pretty big pyre.

It would be a large pyre. But as I was able to provide evidence re Lance I am sure Cunobelin would not mind him joining the burning...or is that not real evidence?

Top Bottom