Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Arran Discussion Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Get In The Van

I was just about to come back to this thread and say its ok I've seen the other thread with times attached! :laugh:
do the ferries run pretty late, just incase there is a mech issue or the pace is slower than estimated?

I was just about to come back to this thread and say its ok I've seen the other thread with times attached! :laugh:
do the ferries run pretty late, just incase there is a mech issue or the pace is slower than estimated?

The last ferry from Brodick is at 7:20. If by late, you mean "often does not run to schedule", then no, it's usually very punctual. There are shortcuts (:evil:) across the island so if need be we can always cut it short.

edindave

Über Member
Providing I can make the date here is the alternate route I'll be doing, and anyone else who's up for it. :thumbsup:
115.5km (71.8mi) / 1,715m (5,626ft).

full.png

elevation_profile.jpg

Get In The Van

Cheers, aye I was meaning 'late' as in late into the night, 7.20pm gives loads of time to get round and eat cake, once a date is sorted i'll see about getting the day off unless it lands on my rota day off

tug benson

Survived the Tour O the borders 2013
Providing I can make the date here is the alternate route I'll be doing, and anyone else who's up for it. :thumbsup:
115.5km (71.8mi) / 1,715m (5,626ft).

full.png

elevation_profile.jpg

Does Arran have any sportives on it?

that would make a cracking sportive route

edindave

Über Member
Does Arran have any sportives on it?

that would make a cracking sportive route

Too right. It would be a fantastic place for a sportive, and there's two route options right away. The transport logistics might put folk off though; maybe that's why we haven't heard of any events.

Fubar

Guru
Few ideas of dates flying around but late june/early july has been mentioned, who would be up for a wee trip to arran, round the island then home again?

I'd be up for this, depending on dates, etc. I'm assuming there are campsites, b&b's, etc for anyone wanting to make a weekend of it??

edindave

Über Member
I'd be up for this, depending on dates, etc. I'm assuming there are campsites, b&b's, etc for anyone wanting to make a weekend of it??

I believe so. I've only been there once but most of the cyclists I saw were touring. I don't have any info on that front though. It seems to be a bit of a Mecca for cycle tourers :thumbsup:

edindave

Über Member
I was over a couple of weekends ago. Did the figure of 8 in just over 4 hours. Some of the road surfaces are cr@p. In fact 1 section on the west side between Corriecravie and Blackwaterfoot is going to be closed completely for rebuilding/resurfacing for 2/3 weeks in June

Well this puts a bit of a twist on things. Projected roadworks dates aren't the most reliable!

I guess we're looking at July then.
I wonder if there is a reliable information source to get updates on the roadworks.

Just as well you were there Andy, cheers for the heads up.

Top Bottom