Scotland : Ayrshire & Arran Arran ride around

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377267004.081974.jpg
all becoming clear why I always stay at the Hilton Doubletree in Leeds

Fubar

Guru
@Louch was very disappointed when you done the Bun run instead of the perthshire sportive :laugh:

It was my birthday weekend and I thought we might have had something planned that day, that's why I ducked out - we did go out in the afternoon but that still left plenty time for a Bun Run! You lot need to time your runs round my social calendar better...

GBC

Veteran
Must say I'm quite tempted, but i'd like to get a longish run in before committing myself - hopefully at the weekend. Did a wee 20 miler on Tuesday without issue and plan another tonight, so I'll see how I go - still have some discomfort in the shoulder, so I'm playing it cautious:smile:

OP
OP
Louch

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
so far we have
Definates
myself
my pal Stuart Morin
@Col5632
@Harry_Palmer79
@ShooglyDougie
@Edwardoka
@Jon Bissett
@heather68
Maybes
@Fubar (Doubtful - holiday prep done/wife allows)
@arranandy (maybe TBC)
@jazloc ( :whistle: )
@GBC (subject to shoulder)
@MikeW-71 (shifts allowing, Colin and myself to speak to boss)
Time
Going - Meet for 915, for 945 Ferry. beware that it goes at 945 sharp so 915 is latest time id advise to be there to allow for ticket and prep. gets us on Arran for 1045 ish, so really an 11 start. Breakfast is available on the ferry from its canteen.
Lunch stop - http://www.machriebay.com/contactus.html . @Edwardoka Strava attempt TBC before or after food. Cash only, no cards. Optional other stop could happen if weather isnt favorable
Departing - 1640 Ferry Optimistically, more likely 1920. mechanical fixes are a team effort, and please refrain from descending faster than you have ever done before with a cross wind to assist in our optimism of the 1640 ferry :smile:

if you need tempted further, watch these

please dont like this post so I can edit it if anyone else wants to come/ disappointingly pulls out

travel -
Car - Parking at Ardossan is £2 for the day
Train - remember book destination as Brodick so your ferry tickets included
Ferry - 12 quid ish return

Top Bottom