Arrogant cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
[QUOTE 2487071, member: 259"]Very true. I'd have a pretty hard time liking Mick Hucknall if he was on a bike, as well. In fact, I just couldn't do it.[/quote]

Just mis-read that as 'licking' :blush:. Had to go back and double check!

Supose I should stop cycling with my willy out.

:eek:

Venod

Eh up
"Supose I should stop cycling with my willy out."

cervelo chic would probably acknowledge you, as you have a visible helmet.

Since joining a club ive noticed that when i wear my club Jersey 95% of cyclists never seem to reply with a nod or raised hand, but when im in just a normal jersey id say 60% reply.
And before anyone says maybe they dont like the club, i could be 40-50 miles away.
They might be deaf ...

Veganpower

I'll admit I only read as far as page 9 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what have I got myself into! cyclists are a some crazy bunch. If I see a another group I'm going to go the opposite direction just in case they tell be to F off.

I didn't realise it was so complicated. I originally thought if you could keep up and nod when you get the groups attention you were alright. I didn't know I may cause offense.:blush:

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I'll admit I only read as far as page 9 but!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what have I got myself into! cyclists are a some crazy bunch. If I see a another group I'm going to go the opposite direction just in case they tell be to F off.

I didn't realise it was so complicated. I originally thought if you could keep up and nod when you get the groups attention you were alright. I didn't know I may cause offense.:blush:
Lighten up VP.:thumbsup: We take the piss....... a lot.....

Veganpower

It's not the jokes that has me worried it the people who appear serious. I don't take things personally at all. I'm sure by the time I'm fit enough to keep up with a pack I'll understand the signs and know who to avoid (I hope).:cycle:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Did she beat you up the hill.:laugh:
Yes, I did :biggrin:

I don't tend to acknowledge people that don't wear lids... following the result of seeing a guy being hit by a car that wasn't wearing one who sadly died, has haunted me since

Blimey.

Cyclists' deaths are incredibly rare, I expect you can tell us where and when this happened?

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Since joining a club ive noticed that when i wear my club Jersey 95% of cyclists never seem to reply with a nod or raised hand, but when im in just a normal jersey id say 60% reply.
And before anyone says maybe they dont like the club, i could be 40-50 miles away.

I might say hello but I get shy round club jerseys cause I feel a bit unworthy if anything!

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't tend to acknowledge people that don't wear lids... following the result of seeing a guy being hit by a car that wasn't wearing one who sadly died, has haunted me since
I saw the result of a cyclist being hit by a car, and he WAS wearing a helmet. It didn't do him much good :sad:. By your logic, should I ignore any cyclist I see who IS wearing a helmet?
I don't wear a helmet; feel free to ignore me.

Last edited:

martint235

Dog on a bike
I had a cyclist say good morning to me on this morning's commute. Brompton, pannier, helmet, all the usual gear. I completely blanked him as I was sat at a red on the opposite side of a cross roads where he had jumped the red towards me causing a car to have to brake to avoid him. Tw*t.

He might be on here later complaining about someone blanking him.

Top Bottom