Arrrggghhhh ... what's happened to the 'art' of selling? Contains Ranting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
No wonder the country is going to the dogs .....

Last week, bought a Pannier rack from Ribble, fast delivery fab! But, the fittings wouldn't work. So on my way back from the night ride I dropped by my LBS whom I use for all my non DIY repairs etc.. They had a rack that would fit at £35 as oppsoed to Ribble (same one at £25), I asked whether they could make any small discount, I don't mind paying a premium I said, but that was quite a lot (10% discount I'd have gone for) but was told categorically that was the price.
I've ordered from Ribble.

Mrs FF says we need to replace the aged C8.
I've long been interested in Dacia Logan Diesel (I love basic super-cheap cars). I have in the past contacted them for info but to no avail.
So I saw on their website a 'trade-in valuation' function. Entered details and was told I'd be contacted.
Got an email.
The rest is as follows:

Dealer:
Thank you for your enquiry into a valuation for your citron c8 we would be quite happy to discuss your requirements and assist with getting you the best price for your trade in vehicle.
Please feel free to contact me at you earliest convenience

Me:
Dear ......
Interested in trading-in for the Dacia Logan MCV ‘Laureate Prime’.
Would it be possible to have a Specification, cost (Diesel) and information about any finance packages available?

When could a test-drive be arranged?
Regards

Dealer
Thanks for your quick response,
You may have a test drive this weekend if you wish and it’s not that I don’t want to offer you any finance deals it would be more upon when you placed (or if) the order, as availability is not forthcoming but let me explain that more if we meet ! Are you local?

Me:
Abingdon, but can’t make this weekend.
When is the Laureate Prime version available?
Can it be ordered now and what would the delivery time be?
Would it be possible to test drive a Diesel Logan of a different Spec?

Dealer:
Ok so not far away then but unlike the Dacia laureate prime which could take a few months to get here !!

Me:
Dear G

I don’t wish to appear an arse, but I’m afraid I’m going to.
What use is it telling me the car that I’m interested-in taking ‘a few months to get here’? Clearly I am displaying serious interest in buying a car from you. Clear ‘buying signals’. Therefore please help me.

I’ve asked some very simple questions for which I should like a straightforward answer:
· When is the Laureate Prime available? Best information available with provisos would be good here ….
· Price – shouldn’t be difficult. Diesel.
· Sending/forwarding some specification info?
· Can I order now or do I have to wait?
· Will I be able to test-drive a diesel version of the Logan even though the specification is not the same as the Laureate Spec?

Let’s see if we can start-over again?

Regards

Meanwhile Mrs FF is trying to get through to Vodaphone .... apparently they are a communications company ....

Booyaa

Veteran
Good luck with the Dacia... I think you will need it.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I think if someone called me an arse on a work e-mail that would be the end of it !

Shaun
I didn't call him an arse.

AndyRM

XOXO
Vodafone are horrendous at customer communication. I did a little survey by text for them recently and properly stuck the boot in.

They were apparently interested to hear more from me so I agreed they could call me on Saturday afternoon between 2 and 3pm. Proving my point gloriously, they failed to get in touch!

Top Bottom