Arrrggghhhh ... what's happened to the 'art' of selling? Contains Ranting.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
[QUOTE 3916402, member: 76"]I am very much with @Fab Foodie I have a Dacia Logan, bloody fine car. Most of it seems to branded 'Renault'. I have the 0.9 petrol version (Laureate) and it drives great, has a massive carrying capacity and even with a loaded car, top box and two bikes on the roof it trotted along the M4 at a very relaxed 70. They may be the modern Skoda, but it will do me fine. Great integrated satnav, touchscreen radio, MP3, Bluetooth gubbins, aircon and all for less than 10 grand on the road.

MrsUser76 then traded in a 5 year old Citroen C3 for a Sandero, same kind of spec, drives like a dream.

I don't think there is really any such thing as a 'bad' car anymore, not like in the old days of Skoda/Lada East German cars.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the feedback Maggot, most heartening. We need economic workhorses, not driveway status symbols.

screenman

Legendary Member
What are residuals like? Personally I would go for another Citroen.

classic33

Leg End Member
Vodafone are horrendous at customer communication. I did a little survey by text for them recently and properly stuck the boot in.

They were apparently interested to hear more from me so I agreed they could call me on Saturday afternoon between 2 and 3pm. Proving my point gloriously, they failed to get in touch!
Try Orange

DanZac

Customer service is without doubt a thing of the past ( or so it seems to me ). I ended up writing directly to the MD of a well known prestige car dealership to complain about their terrible sales staff when me and the mrs last went to look at buying a new car.
Interested to see how the Dacia turns out, being a tightwad I'm always interested in a good deal.

midlife

Guru
You see, here's the thing about cars. People laughed when I bought the C8, especially my car-boy nerd Bro in law. Despite being made of cheese it's been utterly reliable for it's current 150k miles (OK, the Air -Con has a leak .... but that's par for the course). My Bro-in law has had much more trouble with his lesser milage Galaxies and my other Bro in Law has a 35k mile Mercedes (from new) which is utter junk.
You can never be sure.

We are on our 3rd Citroen...Picasso, C8 and now a C4 grand Picasso. Trashed the first two with the kids and kept going, third is only half trashed as the eldest is now at uni.

Shaun

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

They must think it's a lemon.
It's an absolute peach!

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

[QUOTE 3916614, member: 45"]Dacia have restored my faith in the "car model dictates how the driver is going to behave" theory, after one driven by a doddery old man slewed across three lanes of the M5 less than 4 feet in front of me last week.

You got a test drive then FF?[/QUOTE]
Not yet, If I don't get some sensible answers I'll try another dealer. Let's see what tomorrow brings ....

Sorry, I meant to say if I received a work email with the word "arse" in it then it would be thank you and good night:smile:

Shaun
That's why you are probably not cut out for sales.

Actually, not cut out for life. Someone saying "sorry for being an arse" would go a long way with me to make up for him being an arse. Someone actually being an arse, without using the word "arse" would be more likely to drive me away.

Top Bottom