Art

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
correct

AndyRM

XOXO
Depends what it is, what involvement the artist had, how limited, process. quality of materials, etc...

This. And I'd add that you're not just paying for the print, but time, ability and creativity. Also factor in the mark-up the gallery will have put on there.

You've described the image as impressive, but I'm not sure it can be all that if you're not prepared to pay a relatively small sum for it.

£60? For a quality print, finish and frame? Double it.

AndyRM

XOXO
[QUOTE 3974300, member: 45"]£60x2 = £695?

You're all a bunch of poncy nobbers. I'm off to TK Maxx.[/QUOTE]

If you're looking for over-priced reproductions, TK Maxx is definitely the way to go.

You'll probably find a really badly Photoshopped bus/phonebox/poppy/taxi if you're lucky.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
How long before that picture gets removed.
Why would anyone want that on their wall?

There's nothing offensive about it apart from its price.

I don't know why anyone would want any of Odd Nerdrum's paintings on the wall. He's a self proclaimed master of pastiche.

I'll be your number two.
Looks like it's passed then.

MontyVeda

An old friend of mine is an arty type. Some of his stuff is great, some funny, some i really don't like, but he did have big white hand with pointed index finger that he'd carved out of polystyrene and finished with plaster. I love it... and when he said he was thinking of selling it I wanted first dibs... then he told me the minimum price he wanted. :eek: I still love it and if had the dosh I'd buy it, but ilast i heard he'd decided to keep it. I can think of worse things to spend around two grand on than a big polystyrene pointy finger... a car for example, or a trip to LA.

MontyVeda

My mate sells his snaps of pop stars for £500 quid a go, minimum...

55MichaelWilliams_music-Van.jpg
That's 500 quid for what is nothing more than an unframed colour copy!

Ars Longa Vita Brevis...which, roughly translated, means yes, your bum does look big in those briefs but hey - appreciate the talent. Thank goodness for the nice art gallery in North Somerset, that offers people a chance to sell, to buy. I don't know much about art, but I know what I like. :smile: Appreciate everything - even the 'crappy' stuff. It took someone time to do it.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
[QUOTE 3974204, member: 45"]We have a nice art gallery in the town. Walking past this morning I noticed an impressive picture in the window.

It's a limited edition print. It's £695.

That's almost 700 quid for what is nothing more than a posh, framed colour copy.[/QUOTE]
Whatever you do, don't read about Richard Prince.

AndyRM

XOXO
Whatever you do, don't read about Richard Prince.

Thieving, talentless prick. I know one of the SuicideGirls he ripped off in his latest 'work'. To say she's a bit miffed by his appropriation of her image, and subsequent communication about why she's not happy would be a massive understatement.

Top Bottom