Artificial Grass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Yep. Our lawn was small enough to use an offcut (I don't remember the supplier, sorry).

The process is to dig down about 15cm across the entire area the "lawn" will occupy. Put in edging boards around the space. Fill the area with sand, and flatten with a whacker (we hired one). ... If you get regular fox visits, I'd be circumspect too.
Miss Goodbody has asked me to see to her thatch with my whacker. And she insists that I am circumspect, too. :okay:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Be grateful if ANY neighbour fills in their swimming pool - they are as much an irritation as trampolines, with the squealing and shouting that goes on all day through the summer.

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Rocky, please refrain from encouraging the promulgation of Vern's inadequate spelling...

rich p, are you starting a sweepstake for how long it will be before the Local Authority's Building Inspector is tipped off about the lack of child-safe balustrading around the 2m drop off that raised area. [I believe the number is 01273 292050...].

Be grateful if ANY neighbour fills in their swimming pool - they are as much an irritation as trampolines, with the squealing and shouting that goes on all day through the summer.
A guy I worked with bought a house with a pool. He gave up on it after trying to warm it up enough to actually use and watching the electric meter spin faster than a gyroscope for 2 days.

Local company does hot tubs. I'd put them very firmly in the same category. Only thing I can sort of see is an endless pool for the athletically inclined.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Any fule know that (as Vern says).....but why?
They ripped the outer skin of the bungalow and rebuilt it to 2 floor height so as to use the same bricks, reposition windows, doors etc. It was a huge endeavour but the result inside is fantastic lthough the outside is a wasted opportunity IMHO
rich p, are you starting a sweepstake for how long it will be before the Local Authority's Building Inspector is tipped off about the lack of child-safe balustrading around the 2m drop off that raised area. [I believe the number is 01273 292050...].
It's not open to the public yet, only being laid today, but it's a hazard isn't it. The fencing would have to be pretty high to prevent it being a trip hazard in itself, I imagine. Do you have any knowledge of that Archie? The drop at the far end and the downslope neighbour is between 6 and 8 feet.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
It's not open to the public yet, only being laid today, but it's a hazard isn't it. The fencing would have to be pretty high to prevent it being a trip hazard in itself, I imagine. Do you have any knowledge of that Archie? The drop at the far end and the downslope neighbour is between 6 and 8 feet.

Be a good citizen and shop the **** rich.

Doseone

Guru
!!!!!?????
Kind of wish I hadn't posted that now, sorry, it was the straggly bush in the foreground that made me think of it!

It actually looks like a very nice garden, good for the wildlife with the pond and birdbox and bath. Can't say I like your neighbour's astro though.

A mate has some - he has two dogs, and they have to brush and mop it! Seems far too hard for me (also have two dogs) but he swears by it and says he would have it again.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
My neighbours are now turning the badminton court into Alton Towers...

...complete with a play thing and chain-link fencing. I reckon it's knocked about £50 off the value of my gaff.
alton towers.jpg

Top Bottom