Artificial Grass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
When I visited my mother recently I noticed the artificial lawn a few doors down is sprouting weeds.

My neighbours are now turning the badminton court into Alton Towers...

...complete with a play thing and chain-link fencing. I reckon it's knocked about £50 off the value of my gaff. View attachment 84638

That does look rather ghastly, & how do they get to that garage?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
The perspective is deceptive R, the wall on the left is above the 'lawn' level.... mind you the height of that single block wall with piers only 215 wide is very scary... should be much more substantial for the height.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
[QUOTE 3627139, member: 9609"]did they over estimate the amount of stuff to back fill the pool - their garden now looks about 5 foot higher than everyone elses?[/QUOTE]
The pool was already high but the lawn's been raised by 12-18 inches of aggregate and sand for the 'grass'. My 6' fence and the slope of the land means we're largely unaffected apart from seeing the roof of Alton Towers.

The perspective is deceptive R, the wall on the left is above the 'lawn' level.... mind you the height of that single block wall with piers only 215 wide is very scary... should be much more substantial for the height.
Wall on the left? The retaining wall at the end of 'lawn' is reinforced shuttered concrete. Between the side of the 'pool' and the other downslope-side neighbour has been reinforced with gabions.

They have today planted with some laurel(?) bushes which softens it somewhat.

AT.jpg

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Up their back passage. (Apols to @Fnaar )

So presumably no direct access from the house!

Top Bottom