Artificial Grass

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My neighbour has just filled in his swimming pool and laid some crappy artificialgrass. He says it'll be good for their young kids all year round but it looks terrible IMHO
Here's a couple of pix from last week's prep and today. The prep in their case was a layer of concrete over the rubble-filled pool, 4 inches of reddish crushed material and 4 inches of sand - tamped and whacked as described above.]
Looks like his neighbours garden needs a bit of a tidy up. :tongue:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
A mate has done it in a very shaded courtyard garden as grass never grew that well plus hassle of mowing - it looks really good, plus you can go straight out for kitchen in all weather and not worry about treading soil back in.

Also went to a villa in France with it, which again worked very well.

I think in the right setting its a really good idea. Obviously a whole 100ft garden is probably not the right setting, but smal patches near the house etc then go for it.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Take a look at some of the stuff in your garden centre. It looks very realistic and has a natural shade. Many also have strands of 'dead' grass in to look realistic

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
The only thing about the artificial stuff, apart from it being artificial, is how do you clean it. I have a dog, so didn't fancy that idea.
Essentially, you try everything, and then re-lay proper turf.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
@rich p , It does look terrible. I think it's at the cheaper end of the scale.
And why is the garden so high compared to yours?
I guess it was raised when the pool was first installed before my time here. Then they filled it in with rubble from the recent conversion from bungalow to 2 storey house and laid extra layers on that.
It may be an illusion but the astroturf is 6ft lower than my garden, due to the slope of the road, but the neighbours on the other side are going to be overlooked by anyone on the artificial surface. Madness.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I guess it was raised when the pool was first installed before my time here. Then they filled it in with rubble from the recent conversion from bungalow to 2 storey house and laid extra layers on that.
It may be an illusion but the astroturf is 6ft lower than my garden, due to the slope of the road, but the neighbours on the other side are going to be overlooked by anyone on the artificial surface. Madness.

Even if they're looking the other way?

Anyway, everyone's overlooked by the nose farker, with the scruffy garden, taking pictures out of the roof window.

Top Bottom