1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

artistic talent?

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by velocidad, 28 Nov 2007.

1. velocidad

velocidad Senior Member

These are photo's of the drawing my son did the other day. I think it's great for a five year old. (it's a Velociraptor by the way). Just wondered what others might think of it. might start a Velocison's Art page on the web, some crazy American will probably want to buy it;)

cheers, velocidad :biggrin:

DSCF2944.jpg

Close up of the head...

DSCF2946.jpg

2. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

That's pretty damn good for a five year old!

3. What is it supposed to be?

4. a kitten

5. longers

longers Veteran

Good pic by Velocison. The colouring is very much inside the lines.

6. OP
    OP
    velocidad

velocidad Senior Member

velocison says..please read dad's posts more carefully, it's still a velociraptor!:biggrin:

cheers, velocidad :biggrin:

7. Woops! Sorry Velocison! I can see its a Velociraptor now that Ive turned my computer the right way up.

Should you be in bed by now? You've got school in the morning!:biggrin::biggrin:

8. col

col Veteran

Thats exceptional for a five year old.I like to dabble now and then,and i got my son interested too,but if he keeps his interest,looks like you have a future artist there,nice one.:biggrin:

9. If that's what he does at 5, wait till he grows up, definitely one for the future. :biggrin:

10. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

I rather like that- particularly his use of negative space in the top right corner, at which the sauropod in question gazes quizically. The viewer is forced to wonder, what does he see there? The impending extinction of his species? And yet the vibrant colour and exubarant penmanship speaks of a present alive with possibility - surely your son has identified the essential substance of his subject, and communicated it to the viewer at least some of the dreadful irony of its situation as one time ruler of its world. Perhaps there is a message there for us all.

Perhaps.

11. col

col Veteran

Yeah,what a good painting for five year old eh?:biggrin:

12. John the Monkey

John the Monkey Frivolous Cyclist

Joking apart, it's a belter, he should be well pleased with himself.

13. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

Top picture for a 5yr old.
    [brag brag brag] When I was 5, I had a pic of a dinosaur (apparently I called it a donabone) in some exhibition or other at some gallery or other in London (details are sketchy :biggrin:). I also had a picture of a duck in the same exhibition. Sadly my career in art didn't progress much beyond that.

14. Melvil

Melvil Standard nerd

I won £20 in an art competition (local paper) when I was 5. Have absolutely no idea what I drew for it...shame, really.

15. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

LOL!

Seriously, that's a cracking picture Velocidad. He's got talent.