artistic talent?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
These are photo's of the drawing my son did the other day. I think it's great for a five year old. (it's a Velociraptor by the way). Just wondered what others might think of it. might start a Velocison's Art page on the web, some crazy American will probably want to buy it;)

cheers, velocidad :biggrin:

DSCF2944.jpg

Close up of the head...

DSCF2946.jpg

Melvil

That's pretty damn good for a five year old!

Woops! Sorry Velocison! I can see its a Velociraptor now that Ive turned my computer the right way up.

Should you be in bed by now? You've got school in the morning!:biggrin::biggrin:

col

Legendary Member
Thats exceptional for a five year old.I like to dabble now and then,and i got my son interested too,but if he keeps his interest,looks like you have a future artist there,nice one.:biggrin:

If that's what he does at 5, wait till he grows up, definitely one for the future. :biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I rather like that- particularly his use of negative space in the top right corner, at which the sauropod in question gazes quizically. The viewer is forced to wonder, what does he see there? The impending extinction of his species? And yet the vibrant colour and exubarant penmanship speaks of a present alive with possibility - surely your son has identified the essential substance of his subject, and communicated it to the viewer at least some of the dreadful irony of its situation as one time ruler of its world. Perhaps there is a message there for us all.

Perhaps.

col

Legendary Member
John the Monkey said:
I rather like that- particularly his use of negative space in the top right corner, at which the sauropod in question gazes quizically. The viewer is forced to wonder, what does he see there? The impending extinction of his species? And yet the vibrant colour and exubarant penmanship speaks of a present alive with possibility - surely your son has identified the essential substance of his subject, and communicated it to the viewer at least some of the dreadful irony of its situation as one time ruler of its world. Perhaps there is a message there for us all.

Perhaps.

Yeah,what a good painting for five year old eh?:biggrin:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Top picture for a 5yr old.
[brag brag brag] When I was 5, I had a pic of a dinosaur (apparently I called it a donabone) in some exhibition or other at some gallery or other in London (details are sketchy :biggrin:). I also had a picture of a duck in the same exhibition. Sadly my career in art didn't progress much beyond that.

Melvil

I won £20 in an art competition (local paper) when I was 5. Have absolutely no idea what I drew for it...shame, really.

Arch

Married to Night Train
John the Monkey said:

Perhaps.

LOL!

Seriously, that's a cracking picture Velocidad. He's got talent.

Top Bottom