Ashes to Ashes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Yes, very good ending. Liked the quote at the end, very Life on Mars. Mr Keats was playing the part of the devil then. I thought at the end he was going to grow wings and horns!

scook94

Veteran
Turdus philomelos said:
Last series, I dont think so - Been left wide open. Give it a few years, Gene will be back.

The secret's out now, so I really hope they leave it well alone and let it turn into the classic TV series it was. Of course a film or one off special might not be so bad! :becool:

PaulB

Legendary Member
I thought it was bloody awful. They are all dead but still actively investigate contemporary crimes? A right load of disappointing clunge that was.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Can anyone explain why Gene pulled out a gun when Alex went to visit his grave.

One of my favorite Gene quotes:

Sam Tyler: Because I loved her!
Gene: You great... soft... sissy... girlie... nancy... French... bender... Man United supporting POOF!

My all time favorite Gene quote:

Gene: I think you have forgotten who you are talking to.
Sam Tyler: An overweight, over-the-hill, nicotine-stained, borderline-alcoholic homophobe with a superiority complex and an unhealthy obsession with male bonding.
Gene: You make that sound like a *bad* thing!

Arch

Married to Night Train
Plax said:

Naff bike! I bet Robert would ride something classier....;)

But ok, he looks quite good there...

Well, it was a neat ending - I've really not got into A to A like I did Life on Mars, but it was clever. I wonder if it was planned from the very beginning of Life on Mars, or whether they thought it up to allow the sequel.

"He's murdered my car!" is a classic.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Togley said:
My daughter has a theory that the dead poiceman is Gene and all the other characters are somehow tied to him in their own respective comas.

Wow - excellent guess :ohmy: . Or was she in on the filming? :wacko: :laugh:

Yeah - good series. But it can't work now the secret is out.

potsy

Rambler
Was late getting into Life on Mars but enjoyed it once I did.Think they should have left it there tbh,Ashes was poor I thought.
Can't see it going on from here any time soon either.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I was late getting into it too. I wish John Simms hadn't decided to leave it after the 2nd series. I hate it when the leading actor decides to leave a popular series. I stopped watching Ashes to Ashes after a couple of episodes. Keeley Hawes wasn't as good as John Simms. The 80s wasn't as good as the 70s. 80s music wasn't as good as the 70s. London wasn't as good as Manchester (why did they all decide to relocate down south). The clown wasn't as good as the girl in the test card. I wasn't even impressed by the Quattro. Sure it was a great car, but when did CID ever use them?

potsy

Rambler
Yellow Fang said:
I was late getting into it too. I wish John Simms hadn't decided to leave it after the 2nd series. I hate it when the leading actor decides to leave a popular series. I stopped watching Ashes to Ashes after a couple of episodes. Keeley Hawes wasn't as good as John Simms. The 80s wasn't as good as the 70s. 80s music wasn't as good as the 70s. London wasn't as good as Manchester (why did they all decide to relocate down south). The clown wasn't as good as the girl in the test card. I wasn't even impressed by the Quattro. Sure it was a great car, but when did CID ever use them?
That's what ruined it FACT!!
Losing count now of promising looking shows that have turned out to be major disappointments-
Ashes to Ashes-
Survivors-
The Prisoner(remake)-
Dr Who-

At least Shameless didn't go the same way:biggrin: until they remake that in cockney land;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Yellow Fang said:
I was late getting into it too. I wish John Simms hadn't decided to leave it after the 2nd series. I hate it when the leading actor decides to leave a popular series.

I don't know how long Life on Mars could have gone on though. It was a brilliant concept, and the contradiction between now and then worked really well, but for how long? The joke wears a bit thin eventually. I thought it was better to stop it before it got tired.

Top Bottom