asking people about their dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
or, each time he asks, say "I had medallions of lamb, reclining a bed of spring onions, itself lightly lapped by a cranberry and badger plop jus". But say it in a Kenneth Williams voice, and finish off by doing an armpit fart. :ohmy:

Tell him you've already had dinner, at dinnertime, and will have your tea when you get home in the evening.

He feels sorry for you. He wants to be the first person to show an interest in your life. He wants you to invite him round to your bedsit so that he can allow you to revel in showing him your life, so that he can affirm you. .

So, that's what it's called now. ;)

OP
OP
A

Abitrary

Mr Pig said:
Just say, I don't know, what are you having? He'll soon get fed up answering you.

I do ask what he's having, almost before he's finished the sentence, but my exasperation could look threatening.

He also asks me how much the individual ingredients cost, meat, fish, cooking sauces etc., and I have to lie until he looks satisfied.

bonj2

I think he's just concerned. He's worried that you're going to intend to buy some beef and broccoli but when you get home just forget about them and just eat a big plateful of crack.

Dave5N

Über Member
User1314 said:
As nobody's asking, I've just got back
from the pub (I mean a meetimg to discuss next season)!

Cooking my dinner now.

Pork Chops fried in onions and chilli, seasoned with salt and pepper.

I was going to have mashed potatos with it but it's easier to have bread instead.

Hmmmmm....

Ready for 12.30 then wake up again for 6 to cycle to work!

What you having for dinner tonight, CofG?

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Whilst annoying, it's not as bad as work collegues who saunter into the office, LOOK at what you're eating and say ....

'What you got nice today then?'.

Uncle Mort said:
I had cheese and pickle butties for my dinner. For my tea, I'm about to have stew and dumplings.

I don't know what they'll be having for supper in Londonshire. Personally, I'll have some cheese and crackers and a pickled onion. I've sourced the crackers from Aldi. :biggrin:

+1. In Beanzworld, there is no such thing as lunch. Do schools have lunchladies? They do not. Dinner is the mid-day meal. Afternoon tea (if you must) is 3pm. Teatime is the meal around 5-6pm. Supper is the meal you have in the evening before beddybyes.

Bodhbh

Guru
andy_wrx said:
Tell him you've already had dinner, at dinnertime, and will have your tea when you get home in the evening.
Was wondering how long it would take before the thread turned north v south on the proper use of the term 'dinner'. iirc we had dinner at lunch and dinner at tea our household. If it wasn't dinner it was supper or breakfast.

Night Train

Maker of Things
Abitrary said:
I have a colleague at work who has started to ask me about what I shall be having for dinner in the evening.

Whilst I don't think that the odd inquiry about dinner habits is bad, he's started doing it every day, and he expects an answer.

I think it's overstepping the mark, and a bit weird TBH, asking people about their dinner.
That's an internet forum thing isn't it? I know quite a few female (and a few male) forum users who spend a lot of time online asking each other what they are having for dinner or what they are wearing right now or other such pointless waffle.

Looks like one has slipped out into the real world and is stuck for conversation.

Top Bottom