asking people about their dinner

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abitrary

I have a colleague at work who has started to ask me about what I shall be having for dinner in the evening.

While not someone I keep at arms length, he is not someone I'm overly fond of. Probably just for usual work foibles.

Whilst I don't think that the odd inquiry about dinner habits is bad, he's started doing it every day, and he expects an answer.

I've started having nightmares about being tried in court for some crime, and he appears in the dock as a dinner-character witness.

I think it's overstepping the mark, and a bit weird TBH, asking people about their dinner.

Dave5N

Über Member
Is he worried about aging mince?

I hate talking about food but it seems to be the thing now.

Worst is when someone starts - "we went to this lovely restaurant and had..........." I swithch off at that point while they spend five minutes describing all three courses.

nilling

Über Member
Maybe he's hoping you will then ask him what he is having for dinner, so he can then tell you what a great cook he is - sounds like a food bore/snob. I just say something random and walk away ;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
He might just be wanting some inspiration as to what to have for his own dinner?
Either that or he is scared of you and thought the topic of dinner would elicit the least complicated answer?:biggrin:

I've just had sausage, egg and chips, washed down with a large bottle of strong cider. Now I'm off to bed ...
sleeping.gif

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Arbitrary, you could just turn the question round to your colleague, and find out what they are having, say that sounds good I'll try that tonight.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's a boy-boy thing. The correct answer is that you will content yourself with a strawberry sundae and curl up with a bottle of rose. Try it and see what his response is. We await your report.

Top Bottom