asparagus, how to cook it.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

XmisterIS

Purveyor of fine nonsense
I absolutely love asparagus!

I usually boil it for 3 minutes, then serve drizzled with olive oil, sea salt and some grated parmesan cheese.

I live about 10 mins cycle ride from an asparagus farm - huge bundles for a fraction of supermarket cost!

Brahan

Über Member
lukesdad said:
Why slowly dry out such wonderfull produce! and if you want cheese put it on toast... Phillestine:wacko:

I didn't say slowly, I said gently. The wipe of butter is to make sure it doesn't get dried out. :smile:

I'm buying some tonight.....yum.

XmisterIS said:
I absolutely love asparagus!

I usually boil it for 3 minutes, then serve drizzled with olive oil, sea salt and some grated parmesan cheese.

I live about 10 mins cycle ride from an asparagus farm - huge bundles for a fraction of supermarket cost!

Yum!

wafflycat

*boil asparagus*??? Good god man, no, the vegetable is a delicate treat and needs to be barely cooked to retain the full deliciousness of its delicate flavour on the tastebuds!

Speaking of which, I was inspired to pop to the farm around the corner & got a *huge* bagful of just cut spears. Cooked as I described in my previous post, a little butter melted on the top and one of my Laydeez's freshly laid eggs poached placed on the top of the cooked spears. A little black pepper and it was this: a gourmet treat! :tongue:

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Can you eat it raw, dippimg it in sugar, like rhubarb? Prob'ly not!
I lived in Spain for a bit, and that was apsparagus heaven :biggrin: Steamed (lightly) with either hollandaise or simply mayo... :sad::tongue:
Bigger stalks that here, too :smile:

Top Bottom