At one

Discussion in 'General Cycling Discussions' started by RAYMOND, 20 Aug 2012.

1. RAYMOND

RAYMOND Well-Known Member

At one with my bike at last.
    Finally fitted my clipless pedals and went for a trial run.
    Not on a busy road yet but a quite mile lane.I must say its fairly easy clipping in and out,
    just need to make sure i remember to in good time before i stop.
    And found out that its easier with my unclipping foot at the bottom.:bicycle:

Drago likes this.
  2. Dave 123

Dave 123 Guru

Soon you'll be able to do it without having your tongue stick out.....:tongue:

3. Chappy

Chappy Veteran

Good for you the first time I tried it I thought it would be a good idea to fall sideways in a puddle.:whistle: Didn't help with my brother in law crying with laughter.

4. wheres_my_beard

wheres_my_beard Über Member

Congrats. Cycling will never be the same again. :bravo:

5. TonyEnjoyD

TonyEnjoyD Veteran

In avfew weeks You'll look back and think to yourself... "why the feck didnt I unclip back there?"

Honestly though, you will think..."why didnt I try this sooner?"

6. OP
    OP
    RAYMOND

RAYMOND Well-Known Member

In avfew weeks You'll look back and think to yourself... "why the feck didnt I unclip back there?"

lol yes already had one of those moments my first and hopefully last, came upto traffic lights like you do, slowed down trying to bide trying to
    keep clipped in until it changes,guessing its about to change so holding in there....then just as i reach the light i'm at standstill so try to unclip-
    and as you know unclipping at a virtual standstill isn't easy..plop onto the grass verge next to me thank goodness.
    Then a quick scramble to get clipped in very fast to get over,foot was all slippy on the pedal so looked even more of a pillock.
    Finally clipped in and away i go,not to bad realy could of been worse.The good thing about cycling is the helmut and dark glasses,hides
    your embarressment :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice