At what age do you start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Saying Oooooooo when you bend over to pick something up ? Ive just noticed I'm now doing it at 41 :sad:

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
I'm 33 and have been doing it for years - I also do the the classic groan when sitting down.

Ganymede

Veteran
Saying Oooooooo when you bend over to pick something up ? Ive just noticed I'm now doing it at 41 :sad:
At nearly 51, I am consciously making the effort not to do it! It's the knees more than anything. I used to have trouble with the back but a good osteopath has sorted that out.

Don't worry, look at all the other 41 year olds who don't ride. My dad had a saying: "there's many a man younger than me would be glad of a figure like mine" - partly jest but it's actually still true at 87!

Joshua Plumtree

Approaching perfection from a distance.
In our club it is obligatory to let out a little moan when dismounting from something mechanical between your legs! :whistle:

Heifer73

Hi

I'm 41 and have been doing it for a while, I also have creaking knees.

byegad

Legendary Member
I started at 25 here. A frozen shoulder that spread into my neck and as far down as my backside was ruddy agony for several months! These days, nearly 40 years later, it's my knees and back that ache. Not all of the time but often enough.

KneesUp

Guru
I'm 39 and make all sorts of noises getting up off the floor and do a sort of intake of breath through my teeth on each step if my daughter is "too tired" to walk upstairs to bed (i.e. she wants me to carry her) She's 5. She made up a song about me a few weeks ago that had a line about daddy having "unwell" knees :smile:

I think I started when I lived on my own because there was no-one to take the mick when I did it - so when I was 30.

OP
OP
Cuchilo

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
I'm 39 and make all sorts of noises getting up off the floor and do a sort of intake of breath through my teeth on each step if my daughter is "too tired" to walk upstairs to bed (i.e. she wants me to carry her) She's 5. She made up a song about me a few weeks ago that had a line about daddy having "unwell" knees :smile:

I think I started when I lived on my own because there was no-one to take the mick when I did it - so when I was 30.
We wanna hear the song :smile:

Andy_G

Ive always had a manual job and ive always bent with my knees and not with my back, two knee ops later im still doing the same, started racing 6 months ago and ive now starting running and entered "Tough Mudder 2015"(not my best idea).
I started riding at 39 weighing 20stone, now 14 stone and an owner of a battered body.

Top Bottom