Atera Giro AF bike carrier

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ranger

I ordered this bike carrier from The Roofbox Company as my my wife didn't want my bike dirtying up her new car:angry: and we are now a one car family.

I use the carrier every day as I am dropped off at the edge of town to cycle in and picked up in the evening, so it was essential that the carrier was quick and easy to use and would add too many problems for the wife who drives 20 000 miles plus a year with lots of visits to congested parts of town. It was mainly for the second reason that I discounted a towbar mounted rack.

So one week in I have found the carrier very easy to use, you can lock the clamp open with one hand, put the bike on the carrier and close the clamp with one hand which means you have a spare hand to hold the bike, and it only takes 2-3 minutes to secure everything in place.

The bike seems to be pretty secure, even at sales rep motorway speeds with very little wind noise.

My only gripe is that as there is not much of a gap between the chainring and guards on my Giant SCR, which can cause a bit of a faff trying to fit the clamp between them to the downtube.  

Top Bottom