Athletics on the Tyne...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TVC

Typical, look at those Geordie lasses out in shorts and vests in this weather. Standard saturday night attire for Newcastle city centre.

gavgav

Guru
Are you doing the run tomorrow? I'm here supporting 4 runners. Did it myself in 2010. The great city games were good fun this afternoon. A sprinkling of big names to add to the entertainment.

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 2653096, member: 1314"]This post was meant to be about Geordies being good at sports, not Geordie lasses. And about how much I like going to Geordieland...

...anyway.

View attachment 29235 [/quote]
Are you running the gnr tomorrow?

gavgav

Guru
[QUOTE 2653675, member: 1314"]Ha! No. I have been jogging around there in the mornings and it was good watching the route on tv. Ot I was meant to do a 10 k run round London Zoo tomorrow but have cried off due to things.[/quote]
It's worth giving it a go, but I think the London marathon beats it for the sheer spectacle. Glad I've done it though

atbman

Veteran
[QUOTE 2653675, member: 1314"]Ha! No. I have been jogging around there in the mornings and it was good watching the route on tv. Ot I was meant to do a 10 k run round London Zoo tomorrow but have cried off due to things.[/quote]

Dear User1314. I would like acknowledgement in your sig, that I was the person who revealed. Unless, of course, that every time a cyclist jumps a red light, God kills a kitten. Unless of course, I subconsciously nicked it from someone else

gavgav

Guru
Mr brother made it round the great north run in 2 hrs and 5 seconds. He seems chuffed with that and it's 31 minutes quicker than I did it in 2010

Top Bottom