Attempted Bike Theft?

• Thread starter Deleted member 20519
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 20519

I was outside locking my bike up today, saw some expensive road bikes locked up with just the cable round the front wheel!, and I have a crappy combination cable lock to slow people down who try to steal my bike (not likely.)

So I was locking it up and I realise that there's a big slice through the rubber part of the lock, a few small slices and some torn rubber around the same area. has someone attempted to steal my bike? I don't see why they would but the cable is either on the bike or in my bag so it's not wear and tear.

:O

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
People will steal anything, if your bike works and is worth anything id lock it up well.

My cable lock (loops through my d-lock), looks like someones tried to cut it too, ive wondered if its just got damaged somehow or if someones really tried to cut that, it only goes through my wheels.

Most thieves are junkies and they'll try and steal anything to get their fix, they are not cared if its worth a £10 or £1,000 as long as they can sell it quickly to get their £10 fix. They might have also found cheap bikes are easier to steel and sell on quicker so they are their preferred target.

I came back after a session in Dublin to my mates bike the D lock was completely mangled, folk must of tried to steal it but in those few extra minutes/seconds they must have been disturbed. He couldn't free his bike however, from the mangled lock but fortunately I suggested that we twist it use the frame as a lever and it easily came free. He left the country (Ozzie) and sold it to a colleague and less than a month later the colleague wasn't as lucky it was nicked.

Top Bottom