Attempting to go car-free

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Well so far things are 'interesting'. My neighbours van had a gearbox failure at the weekend and is now off the road. Yesterday 'something' happened to my wife's van that caused it to loose all it's oil.

On the plus side I think I may have found a decent Bakfiets cargo bike :hyper:

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
IMG_0902.JPG I think I'd better think it out again...

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I don't really want a car, but have finally caved after five years of struggling with how difficult it was to get my son to his various sporting events in the evenings and weekends. That was my biggest problem, even living in a metropolis as I do, piss poor public transport made what would be a twenty minute car journey into 90 minutes of bus related hell. Everything changed for me after I got deliberately knocked off by a driver, I just wasn't prepared to have my precious child ride on the road anymore, it made life very difficult.
Me too, on the occasions i dont cycle to work theres no bus service , especially at 3 am and i cant gaurentee what time i will finish so a taxi is no good

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Do the taxis there not come when you phone? :huh:
just finished work at 3 am . not to msny taxis about :smile:

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Taxis? I got this to work a few times. They ran a 2 small 14 passenger covered ferries for 40odd years before big staffing cuts and eventually the service stopped altogether. £2 each way or £5 a day + all the extras of driving :sad:

maria-larne.jpg

Top Bottom