Audax National 400 - June 15 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Philip Whiteman

Über Member
Hmmmm, looks very windy :angry:

But with Mr H's sunshine all will be well.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
With the Chepstow control now closed were home enjoying a glass of wine to be followed by 8 hours shuteye.

Having only done 100 and 200s myself I take my hat off to anyone doing the longer distances especially on a windy day like today. Some riders had to walk across the Severn bridge due to the cross winds.

I hope all the riders who were still riding at Chepstow make it round safely and in time . Good Luck :thumbsup:

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
Well, just about everyone made it round so well done to all who completed the ride, particularly those who were riding their first 400.

Chuffy and I got home from the start/finish control about an hour ago, the weekend went by in a blur of breakfasts, washing up and then more breakfasts! Worn out, but an enjoyable wekend :smile:

OP
OP
Spartak

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Well, just about everyone made it round so well done to everyone who completed the ride, particularly those who were riding their first 400.

Chuffy and I got home from the start/finish control about an hour ago, the weekend went by in a blur of breakfasts, washing up and then more breakfasts! Worn out, but an enjoyable wekend :smile:

Yep, it was my first 400 & I thoroughly enjoyed it ( inc the last leg :wacko: )
The tailwind at the beginning helped compensate for the early rain, and thankfully missed a downpour in Taunton. made good time to the control at Hadspen. Continued to ride stongly & crossing the deserted Severn Bridge was surreal !
Thanks to Banjo for being the 'bike' overseer at Bulwark - a good job well done, & hello :thumbsup:
A short section to the control at Kingswood before the hard night section back to Hadspen, where I even managed an hours sleep.
Another long challenging section to the Arrivee ( possibly due to tiredness ) but once back at HQ an English breakfast washed down by Scrumpy numbed any pain !!!

Thanks to all helpers for your excellent support throughout the whole event, and whats more everything was included in the entry fee ( possibly the best cycling related £20 I've ever spent ).

Where will next years 'National' be ?

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Yep, it was my first 400 & I thoroughly enjoyed it ( inc the last leg :wacko: )
The tailwind at the beginning helped compensate for the early rain, and thankfully missed a downpour in Taunton. made good time to the control at Hadspen. Continued to ride stongly & crossing the deserted Severn Bridge was surreal !
Thanks to Banjo for being the 'bike' overseer at Bulwark - a good job well done, & hello :thumbsup:
A short section to the control at Kingswood before the hard night section back to Hadspen, where I even managed an hours sleep.
Another long challenging section to the Arrivee ( possibly due to tiredness ) but once back at HQ an English breakfast washed down by Scrumpy numbed any pain !!!

Thanks to all helpers for your excellent support throughout the whole event, and whats more everything was included in the entry fee ( possibly the best cycling related £20 I've ever spent ).

Where will next years 'National' be ?

Rumour has it the National 400 is heading for Yorkshire in 2014.

Well done on your fist 400 :thumsup: - now, what 600 are you riding? :evil:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
Around 27 hours including any stops/sleep etc. It's based around a 15 km/h minimum speed, so in some rides you get a bit longer if it's over-distance
thanks i can do that i think,i did 168 miles in 14 hors in really hard conditions .had 9 hours of rain and head wind

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I think we can can judge the event a success. 108 entered. 88 started. 77 finished. More than 30 volunteers* manned six controls to feed and look after the riders. The comments have been overwhelmingly positive. Well done to all who finished and many thanks to all who helped. Next year it's in Yorkshire.

*including Chuffy and Baggy of this parish.

Top Bottom