England : Essex August 2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dzzi

Morning All,

Trying to be a bit more organised/family friendly by selecting events i would like to ride in for 2014 in advance, the theory being that i can stay motivatated training wise (I don't commute by bike sadly) and that i can get the all important pre-approval paper work from the FPO (Fun Prevention Officer) approved in advance!

I live in Billericay so my event list is based around those i can reasonable get to and back from in a day/night
Current list is below, Im trying to find something in August, i did the essex 100 last year but this year its the day after the FPO's birthday so i really doubt i will get approval for that one.

List looks long but id like to do one a month minimum

So if anyone can recommend anything earlier in August what would be marevelous

Thanks

Dave

1) Spring Lambs – April 6th Barley Lands 150km
2) Boxford Tornado – April 13th – Probably do the 40 miler
3) Financial Times London Cycling Sportive – May 11th – Dulwich to Hearne Hill 100k or 100 Miles ?
4) Orchid Cancer Ride – June 8th – 40 or 75 miles ?
5) BHF London to Brighton 15th June 54 miles
6) The Tour De Essex (www.sportive.co.uk) 29th June 72 or 112 ?
7) Dunwich Dynamo Sat July 12th -124 Miles through the night
8) British Heart Foundation – 20th July London to Southend 52 miles
9) Essex 100 – August 31st – 100 miles
10) Autumn Leaves 21st September – Barleylands 150k

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
August 15th FNRttC London to Whitstable

SteveBM

The Essex Roads events from Billericay are very good. I did the Autumn Leaves last year and have signed up for the Spring Lambs
The London to Southend is also a regular event for me. I love it! Sadly i can't make it this year
You might want to have a look at this for some hill practice! Did it last year and couldn't believe how hilly it was compared to Essex! http://www.kentcyclosportive.co.uk/

Top Bottom