Australian Cyclists Party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
After a forum search, I couldn't find any other thread about this, but if there is, please let me know, moderators :smile:.

I don't know if it's made news in the UK, but a new political party has just formed in Australia, or at least it's accepting new members and will (fairly soon, I think) have the requisite member numbers to register itself as an official party. It's called the Australian Cyclists Party :smile:.

I'll just say that I'm quietly optimistic that this party will help cycling in Australia, because being pessimistic isn't much fun, is it?

Here's two recent news articles about it:
http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/pedal-power-motorists-poll-guru-changes-gear-20131018-2vscx.html
http://www.smh.com.au/executive-sty...itical-party-for-cyclists-20131021-2vvew.html

classic33

Leg End Member
Should we start one up here.

classic33

Leg End Member
@Pat "5mph", @Ern1e, @buggi, @victor, and anyone else interested

We need the following:
As an overview, the registered entries for political parties show:
The party name and head office address
The party emblems
The party descriptions
The party officers' names.

Parties on the GB register also select which parts of Great Britain they want to be registered in.
Parties can choose a combination of England, Scotland or Wales.
People required for the following posistions: Volunteers if possible.
Party leader - To lead the party.
Party treasurer - Will be responsible for the party's compliance with the financial rules.
Nominating officer - Who will authorise candidates to stand for election and use the party name on ballot papers.

Also
As part of the application, we will need to send the party's constitution. This will cover things like how the party is organised and how it carries out business.

The Electoral Commission will use our constitution to check if there is anything in it which will conflict with our financial scheme under PPERA.
For example, how our accounts are signed off.
There are no requirements about what the party constituion should set out, but you may want to include the following:
The structure of your party for example, if you have branches.
How the party is run for example, the frequency of meetings and how decisions are made.
What officers you have and what their responsibilities are.
If you have membership requirements.

Thinking caps on please.

Sara_H

Guru
@Pat "5mph", @Ern1e, @buggi, @victor, and anyone else interested

We need the following:
As an overview, the registered entries for political parties show:
The party name and head office address
The party emblems
The party descriptions
The party officers' names.

Parties on the GB register also select which parts of Great Britain they want to be registered in.
Parties can choose a combination of England, Scotland or Wales.
People required for the following posistions: Volunteers if possible.
Party leader - To lead the party.
Party treasurer - Will be responsible for the party's compliance with the financial rules.
Nominating officer - Who will authorise candidates to stand for election and use the party name on ballot papers.

Also
As part of the application, we will need to send the party's constitution. This will cover things like how the party is organised and how it carries out business.

The Electoral Commission will use our constitution to check if there is anything in it which will conflict with our financial scheme under PPERA.
For example, how our accounts are signed off.
There are no requirements about what the party constituion should set out, but you may want to include the following:
The structure of your party for example, if you have branches.
How the party is run for example, the frequency of meetings and how decisions are made.
What officers you have and what their responsibilities are.
If you have membership requirements.

Thinking caps on please.

Good luck!

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
I am a foreign national, cannot stand for elections, heck, can't even vote at the nationals!
Could be PR? Press office? ^_^

Top Bottom