Australian Cyclists Party

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Its not looking so good for them at present. There's also seems to be a few saying that as they are now, they're set to fail.
This guy seems to disagree with you:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79980&p=1200923#p1200923

I also think it went pretty well, considering the ACP only just got the requisite numbers in time to be registered to participate in these state elections. There were roughly 25,000 people who gave the ACP their primary vote. Not much compared to 3 million plus voters, but (I think) encouraging anyway.

Where did you get this "set to fail" conclusion from, anyway? Nothing I've read recently seems to say that.

classic33

Leg End Member
From the ACP
"Hi everyone, the votes are still coming in but it looks like we will fall short of gaining the seat we targeted in Southern Metro. However, it was a good showing by all accounts for a first time party. Other parties on this list have been involved a long time or with a lot of money so getting this far in just a few months and with a $5k campaign budget should be encouraging!

> Monday AM update with 58% of votes tabulated base on Primary votes before preference allocation. These are the top minor parties in Southern Metro only:

Party - Primary Votes - % - Quota

Liberal Democrats 0 10,526 4.01% 0.2405
Sex Party 0 6,045 2.30% 0.1381
Democratic Labour Party (DLP) 0 5,407 2.06% 0.1235
Animal Justice Party 0 4,180 1.59% 0.0955
Australian Cyclists Party 0 3,174 1.21% 0.0725
Palmer United Party 0 2,339 0.89% 0.0534

At this stage it is unlikely that much more will be posted before Monday night or more likely Tuesday as out of town ballots begin to be tabulated.

We got here just a year from our humble start on just volunteer effort and limited resources. We did it by working together and without bowing to those who wanted to use the ACP for their personal gain.

Our very presence will have raised the profile of cyclists being an emerging force in politics and a new leverage for advocacy.

Thank you once again for your wonderful support and through your membership and donations.

We are committed and energized to making a difference in the NSW elections where what is at stake may be even greater!"

Either way not bad for a first time

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
This guy seems to disagree with you:
http://www.bicycles.net.au/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=79980&p=1200923#p1200923

Where did you get this "set to fail" conclusion from, anyway? Nothing I've read recently seems to say that.
The set to fail part came from a comment left about the party, as it is at present.
Under its present leadership/setup it can do nothing but fail. A bit! harsh for a party in its first election.
Maybe people were expecting greater things from them and are venting their frustrations.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
The set to fail part came from a comment left about the party, as it is at present.
Under its present leadership/setup it can do nothing but fail. A bit! harsh for a party in its first election.
Maybe people were expecting greater things from them and are venting their frustrations.
Yes, but where did this comment come from?

classic33

Leg End Member
I'm not knocking them for trying.
It just seems as though some had higher hopes/expectations on the day.

OP
OP
Shut Up Legs

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
One here
Glenn DrueryI, It's a disaster for all Australian cyclists. Politicians around the country are watching.. The sad irony of the ACP disaster will be a backward leap for the Australian cycling community. .

See http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/v...d-by-refusing-his-advice-20141130-11wzw2.html

Can't find the comments
Interestingly enough, that link is now broken. Not bad, for an article that new! :laugh: I wonder what just happened behind the scenes?

classic33

Leg End Member
Interestingly enough, that link is now broken. Not bad, for an article that new! :laugh: I wonder what just happened behind the scenes?
404 Error! Page Not Found!

Wonder if not being able to find the comments was an indicator that something was wrong.

Top Bottom