Automatic Rifle, Semi Automatic

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Just out of interest - and I know this is un-pc - but I really enjoyed shooting when I was in the RN. SLRs back then and .303 Lee Enfields in the cadets. I was also rather good at it. Since then i've tried airguns, .22 and so on in civvy Street but not only is it all rather meh, i can't hit a barn door. I tried clay pigeon shooting but it was like hefting a heavy piece of gas pipe around.

I'm not interested in hunting, but is there anywhere I can go in the UK to shoot full bore rifles at targets for fun?
I'd have more luck throwing the barn door at gun.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Just out of interest - and I know this is un-pc - but I really enjoyed shooting when I was in the RN. SLRs back then and .303 Lee Enfields in the cadets. I was also rather good at it. Since then i've tried airguns, .22 and so on in civvy Street but not only is it all rather meh, i can't hit a barn door. I tried clay pigeon shooting but it was like hefting a heavy piece of gas pipe around.

I'm not interested in hunting, but is there anywhere I can go in the UK to shoot full bore rifles at targets for fun?
I've been idly wondering about that too. I used to be a passable shot with a 0.303 SMLE at 600 yards when I was a teenager but gave it up because it was damaging my hearing pretty badly. Ear defenders were pretty rudimentary back in those days. I would love to see how bad I've become since then.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

I've suggested to the landowner, to look back in his call records to find a number of the officer who used to call him to make arrangements, then call him/her up to mention that he thinks there was automatic fire on the old site. If it is true it might be worth them investigating.

Obviously ask the OP.

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
I don't feel safe now when out at night!:unsure: What are the chances of me being allowed to carry a taser and some pepper spray?🤔

If you are serious. I think the only thing you can do is get something called 'self defence spray' Its like small spray can of paint that some security teams use as a way to mark and identify suspects. The paint can be permanent or semi-permanent so its pretty hard to get off when you've dosed someone in the face with it.

It wont stop them if they are serious about coming after you. But it should discourage them from pursuing you further or at least disorientate them enough to buy you time to escape or get some help.

A lot of thieves get their courage from hiding behind a cloak of anonymity so they can hide in plain sight after committing a crime but the paint messes all that up. Since the paint stains whatever it gets on and takes a good few days to wash off. Im sure people will start to ask questions about why they got paint on their face and clothes.

its also a good way to help police identify a suspect who might of tried to attack or mug you.

Drago

Legendary Member
Best thing to do is cower in fear and make it look like you're going to hand ovrr your wallet, then their guard will drop and they'll move into your fighting arc, whereupon you can nut them, give them four stiff fingers in the throat, etc, and take their wallet instead. I mean, run away.

There was an amusing incident about 20 years ago. A lad pulled out a knife to rob someone. Unfortunately, his victim had seen Crocodile Dundee and whipped out a panga and robbed the original robber, who then had the cheek to go and report the while thing to the dibble. Once we'd finished wiping away our tears we we happy to put handcuffs on himm if only for his own safety.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
A friend was upset when he returned to his flat to find it had been burgled. He immediately phoned the police and, after making a huge fuss, they came round a few days later. Asking for a list of stolen items he exclaimed "Ma stash man, they stole ma stash!"

Stifling smirks, the Police left to make enquiries but he never heard from them, surprisingly.

Landsurfer

Veteran
My Grandson has a semi auto Glock ... BB pistol ... fires as fast as you cam pull the trigger and autococks and reloads using the Co2 propellent.
At full chat it is as noisy as my British Army issue Browning, totally legal, and was probably what you heard at the range ... there quite a range of Co2 BB pistols on the market.

My Grandson has a semi auto Glock ... BB pistol ... fires as fast as you cam pull the trigger and autococks and reloads using the Co2 propellent.
At full chat it is as noisy as my British Army issue Browning, totally legal, and was probably what you heard at the range ... there quite a range of Co2 BB pistols on the market.
You have or you had a a British army Browning. From experience I find it difficult to believe they make the same amount of noise.

Top Bottom