Autumn Dangers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mandragora

Pheasants. Birds looking for an excuse to be run over, by anything at all.

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
Mud on the roads from tractors. Lots of it around at the moment.
A farm on my commute put up a "slippery surface" warning sign a while back. Nothing happening for the first two nights.

However, I got a nice shock the third night to round the corner to find the road covered with hard, tennis ball sized lumps of mud. Was swept off the night after, I'm not sure whether under persuasion from plod.

After the clocks go back is another time to be wary. Suddenly drivers forget how to drive in the dark during the evening rush for some reason.

Night driving standards usually improve a bit by mid-winter in my experience.

Randombiker9

Not just that but in the new town, same county (been here since 13th). I don't bother using the cycle paths much too many fallen tree branches etc...

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Not just that but in the new town, same county (been here since 13th). I don't bother using the cycle paths much too many fallen tree branches etc...
Please report them publicly on www.fixmystreet.com or otherwise, to rob negligent councils of a defence if another cyclist hits them.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Yeah, it's very unreliable at the moment, but public reports should hit them in the budget eventually, when they actually have to compensate crash victims instead of ducking behind the defence that it wasn't there when they last inspected and no one else had told them.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
turds.jpg

:rolleyes:

Mrklaw

Actually looking forward to the clock change to help with low sun on the east-west commute in the evening. Morning it’s behind me which is less hazardous- as long as I’m careful at junctions

Top Bottom