AUZ bias Garbage again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
For our cycling viewers to show we are not bias we set up this camera blar blar blar. Then they bring in one sad story to make their point. If they were taking history(like me) and had to evaluate and analyse something like this in the off change they would be lucky to get a U.

Totally unfair and bias, thank god these people are not scientist. Or we would have the increase of carrot production explaining why the sun emits radiation.
Load of rubbish. 6mins bashing cyclists compared to 30seconds of not, that seems logically fair.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
"To prove that this happens all the time, we set up a camera at one junction for just two hours". That just proves that cyclists jumped one light.

I think that Auzzies have played it very well. Getting the most vulnerable person on the planet (a blind person) and played heavily on one factor.

Then at the end of the video, they just caption it off with one cyclist saying that he is the one in danger and not even looking into that story.

What a load of b*llsh*t.

Kins

Über Member
No reason to not stop at a red light though. Its illegal not to so their point is valid. Doesn't make other problems cyclists have trivial just because they did a segment on one problem and doesn't excuse cyclist from breaking the law. You can't pick and choose which laws to follow just because your on a bike.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Unfortunately we Aussies are no different to many other nationalities, in that we're good at bashing minority groups (cyclists in this case). It's caused by the usual mixture of misconceptions that cyclists don't pay for the roads, and naturally once a single cyclist breaks a road law, well that of course means we all do :rolleyes:. Our current affairs shows "A Current Affair" and "Today Tonight" are the TV versions of tabloid news, and sometimes their reporting is pretty dodgy.

By the way, I agree we shouldn't pick and choose which road laws we obey, but that applies to all road users, no matter what their mode of transport, a not-so-subtle point lost on a lot of the people who watch these shows.

Top Bottom